Hi, how can i convert a icon to 32x32 16color ? thx
Posted on 2001-05-13 03:58:00 by Niko
With an icon editor program. Several exist, some freeware I believe. I got mine with MSVS. It's pretty basic, but it works. MSVC also had one built into the IDE.
Posted on 2001-05-13 11:18:00 by Ernie
Hi thx ;) hm,but thats what i know and im not asking in a asm board for a link to zdnet. as newbie ,without books,friends,a teacher or long years coding knowledge i : try if i can load icon in bitmap field and save to bmp,then i try to find out how to change the bitmap colors and save the file again as icon. but i think i waste my time posting stupid newbie questions here. cu ps:dont take it personaly. maybe you try to help me,but i feel like a clown with answer like a link to microangelo ;) newbie or not newbie,stupid question or not...im human.
Posted on 2001-05-13 11:27:00 by Niko
hi hutch, i think now i have to excuse myself. bad day for me today... i know your job is not to answer every questin and im shure your old enough so you dont waste your time to make fun on a newbie ;) as i say,today is a bad day. sorry for my posting.... cu ps:message to all coders : MAKE BACKUPS !!! tons of backups,put them under your bed,in your garbage,in your car. give backups to your girlfriend....! and never feel what i feel now....loosing weeks of work because im to lame to make a backup *aaarg*
Posted on 2001-05-13 12:50:00 by Niko
High, welcome. The format of an icon and a bitmap are different. Your graphic program must be able to convert the image to the choosen format. But, why using only 16 colors, perhaps your image looks nicer at 256 colors. ? Using 16 colors only result is a shorter file. If you like to convert an icon to a bitmap or vice versa in win32asm I can't help you, but if you find a way I'm interested, post it to this board. There is a way to load an animated icon (*.ani) via the resource file in win32asm. If I remember right the API is 'LoadImage'. Hmm, so long Test
Posted on 2001-05-13 13:09:00 by Test Department
Book mark this page: http://www.wotsit.org/ Wotsit.com In the search box on the page, do 'ico' and you will get 2 replies with all the info you need.. NaN
Posted on 2001-05-13 13:39:00 by NaN