I've got a few ?'s that I need help on big time. Any help on any of these would be ssssoooooo great. 1. What is the maximum amount of memory that can be addressed at any instant? 2. Convert any unpacked BCD numbers placed in AX into an equivalent hexadecimal number in AL. 3. List the flags, and the situation that exists if a flag is 0 for the PAL CPU. 4. Calculate all T times, read and write, for the memory expansion card if the decoding delay is 10 ns, and the card is used on an ISA bus running at 8 MHz. Thank you so much for the time!! skippyracer@yahoo.com
Posted on 2001-05-13 14:03:00 by skippyracer
For 2: mov dl,al ;copy al mov al,0Ah ;ten, a multiplier mul ah add al,dl ;ah is now zero For 3, if I understand the question, you can get the flags as a group like this: lahf ;get the low 8 bits of EFLAGS, i.e. CF, ZF, etc. sahf ;put the low 8 bits or pushf ;for the low 16 bits pop ax ;or some other register push ax popf or pushfd ;get all 32 bits pop eax push eax popfd Larry
Posted on 2001-05-14 06:29:00 by Larry Hammick
Gee, homework questions? 1) this question can be answered in different ways depending on what is emphasized. 3) what's a PAL processor? 4) figure out what 8 MHz means in cycle time, then look at the timing diagram and add and subtract the numbers.
Posted on 2001-05-17 22:02:00 by tank
1) Under Win32 4Gb If you managed to cram more than 4Gb into your PC, windows could not use it! Under Win64 (Hammer & Itanium), this may (theoretically) change. 2^32 bytes addressable, 2^22 kilobytes addressable 2^12 megabytes addressable 2^2 = 4 Gigabytes addressable. Mirno
Posted on 2001-05-18 06:12:00 by Mirno
The magic of windows is even if you don't have the full 4 gigabyte memory installed, the system still acts as if you did, thru uysing the disk as virtul memory. And each process gets it's own 4 gig space, minus certain shared sections. It works out to 2 Gigs for each process's data and code.
Posted on 2001-05-18 07:07:00 by Ernie