Hi, I am developing a remote control program mainly for use in our company. I'm thinking that maybe its for some use for others too. In our company we have NT4 and Win2000 on our computers, and we have admin shares (c$, d$, etc) enabled. My main concern at the moment is how to deploy my program files to remote computers. In our case I think its easyest to copy them trough c$ share. I'm not sure though is it best method for others. What do you think? Do yours company have admin shares enabled? Which are the possible other ways to deploy my program? Best regards, Sami
Posted on 2001-05-14 07:24:00 by SamiP
well MTS is made for this purpose. Do you have an MTS server?
Posted on 2001-05-14 07:57:00 by Hiroshimator
Is MTS Microsoft Transaction Server? If it is, then we dont have it and I only know it by name. Could you, please tell me some more about it? And is it common on companies? I need to find an universal way to distribute my prog, that works on most companies that have NT (NT4, W2K, XP) based network. This program is not a trojan and I need advice how to distribute it. Privileges are not a problem, because I work as system administrator and that way I have Domain Administrator privileges. Currently my program is distributed by copying the files to destination computer via admin share c$. Are those admin shares common, or are they disabled? SMS and Tivoli uses some way to distribute their client software. Any ideas how they work?
Posted on 2001-05-14 11:44:00 by SamiP