To our leader Hutch: a few months ago I asked how to create empty access database file using assembly code (.MDB),but I did not receive answer. The following code achives this. When I include your Odbccp32.lib I got linker error. I tried the version from the Visual Assembly and it succeeded. I say this also for whom it may concern. Lastly I thank you very much because I learned much from you and from Iczelion tutors. I just have one question;as with access can I apply Icz. ODBC tutors To a database other than access,e.g oracle or SQL or I must have Them in my hard disk or connect with them through network . Thanks again. include \masm32\include\Odbccp32.inc includelib \VisualAsm\lib\Odbccp32.lib .data TheDriver db "Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)",0 TheAttr db "CREATE_DB=C:\777.MDB;General\0",0 ;Then in code invoke SQLConfigDataSource,NULL,ODBC_ADD_DSN,ADDR TheDriver,ADDR TheAttr
Posted on 2001-05-14 18:55:00 by a nada
a nada, It sounds like different library versions, the ones supplied in MASM32 are from the PLATFORMSDK of about 2 years ago and there are later versions for win2k / ME that may be different. The latest versions I have are from buying the CD from Microsoft for the whistler edition of the PlatformSDK, cost me $15.00 US plus postage from Microsoft. I am not a database man so the question about the format of an ACCESS database file is one that I don't know. Iczelion has much more experience with these types of data bases than I have so he may be the person to ask. ==================== To our leader Hutch: ==================== I guess I should be flattered but this forum is made up of members so I fit into the geriatric furniture category, there are many very experienced programmers who help other in this forum, I try to help where I can. Regards, hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-05-14 22:46:00 by hutch--
via ODBC you can connect to Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase SQL server, Interbase... any database that has correct drivers installed on your client PC and that exposes itself (meaning the server) to the outside world. (that's why it's called Open DataBase Connectivity :) ) If you wish to know what ODBC drivers are installed on your machine, go to the control panel and look for ODBC32 (or similar depending on your OS)
Posted on 2001-05-15 04:03:00 by Hiroshimator
Thanks Much Hutch and I appreciate your answer. Thanks a lot Hiroshimator. A nada There is old say: I 'm slave to the person who teaches me a letter. Just respection in these days where no respection.
Posted on 2001-05-15 10:00:00 by a.nada