how do standard listboxes store their list data? with a linked list or some kind of structure? and how do they store the string data? is there like a string table or is the string data in the structure?
Posted on 2001-05-18 20:56:00 by Sloat
I thought that this was an interesting question but Ms. Windoze seems to have stymied me on the internals of the ListBox. OO-encapulation getting in the way of curiosity ;) In my quick look-see of the MSDN documentation & my (limited) library. I didn't find much on the internals... on how items are linked & sorted etc. but I did find out that... 1) Each item has it's own structure with flags & state info etc. Stored on the heap. 2) That structure also has a pointer into blocks (blobs) of null terminated strings that are also stored on the heap. I'm guessing here, but it looks like the structure is either an array (unlikely) or it is linked as you guessed. & the actual strings displayed are left alone in their blobbing mess in the structure list order. Sorry I couldn't be any more help :( but maybe those more learned will pickup on this thread :D rafe
Posted on 2001-05-22 17:12:00 by rafe