I've been searching through Icz and Hiros' boards but can't find a "correct" download link. The links in the older messages don't work. :mad: Does anybody have a correct download URL for the offline browser? Thanks! :)
Posted on 2001-05-24 11:02:00 by rainbird
Any help is appreciated!!!
Posted on 2001-05-25 09:14:00 by rainbird
sorry I have,'t been on the board these last days basically I don't know, I lost multiple files recently :( combine this with my HDcrash --> Hiro has to look for his back-up files to see if he can find it. I'll put them up again if you wish if I can find them again
Posted on 2001-05-25 20:22:00 by Hiroshimator
That would be great Hiro. THANKS! :) The reason I'm asking is because I was going to ask you guys of what you think to create a tiny, efficient DB to be included into VASM (Visual Assmebler IDE) as a knowledgebase? All credit of course goes to you guys. I would like to couple this DB into a help system into VASM. So, I really just need the Access DB that you are currently using. I can convert the Access DB into a tiny system. I could even make this a standalone app without all the overhead of Access etc. Source code (Delphi) included of course. Eventually, I would like to try structuring all the messages starting with major topics first then down to the detailed topics. What do you think? :rolleyes:
Posted on 2001-05-28 08:16:00 by rainbird
I strongly suggest you stick to standard dbf formats, and leave the data in external files, so it may be updated. I have a copy of the MDB I can send you, however it hasn't been updated since it was created. I don't have the viewer/updater software. Let me know.
Posted on 2001-05-28 09:12:00 by SFinegan
SFinegan Yes, if you could e-mail me the MDB file that would be great. Since the messages are already in MDB format, I don't see much use in converting to DBF files. Besides, this message forum is the source and should be the only source. ;) Hiro Would you be ok with this, Hiro? :D
Posted on 2001-05-29 00:24:00 by rainbird
>>you guys of what you think to create a tiny, efficient DB to be included into VASM << I was confused by the above, you said "create", and "efficient". My point was: Do not reinvent the wheel, use some format that exists.
Posted on 2001-05-29 00:56:00 by SFinegan
do whatever you want with it. Just know that the format might change some day. Time will tell. I have to get my lazy head geared towards porting this all to PHP, so that brings along the necessity to think about a better :ashamed: offline reader
Posted on 2001-05-29 07:13:00 by Hiroshimator
Hiro Thanks Hiro! :) Are the current sources / exe's for the offline reader available?
Posted on 2001-05-29 11:16:00 by rainbird
yes if I can find them on my backups if not, maybe shawn bullock still has them. They're not a secret :)
Posted on 2001-05-29 12:38:00 by Hiroshimator
Yep, I have them... I do not know if I have the latest incarnation of your offline (I haven't been using it since it released) but I'll send what I have... look for a link later tonight. Thanks, _Shawn
Posted on 2001-05-29 17:02:00 by _Shawn