Anyone else having trouble getting anything done because it's so hot? I know I am. I'm a lot behind of schedule on multiple personal things as well as the PHP port of this board. I just wished that: 1. it wouldn't be so hot 2. all the girls wouldn't wear those short, revealing..... no, ignore that last wish :D So this is my excuse for not being on time :P It's lame but I hope you can forgive me. Just that time of the year I suppose ;) This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 5/29/2001 7:22:05 AM
Posted on 2001-05-29 07:19:00 by Hiroshimator
The weather is great outside today, and I have to work :( . Yesterday (bank holiday), the weather was not so great, and I didn't have to work.... Luckily the building is air-conditioned, so its ok here at work, MY main problem is that the work I am doing takes 3 hours, then fails miserably, then I have to try an work out why! When I think I've fixed it, I need to run it again for another 3 hours, only to prove that it still fails miserably. This is of course assuming that the simulator its all running on doesn't go tits up wasting however long its spent..... As for the girls thing, I work with computers, what are girls? Are they available with IEEE 1394 interfaces? I'm a geek ok? And I live up to it :D Mirno P.S. The bad thing about the sunny weather we're having, my beady eyes (shrivled by CRT emmissions) can't take the light!
Posted on 2001-05-29 08:34:00 by Mirno
Yeah, I have the same problem. :) I live by the ocean, and I'm sort of required to go when the weather is hot, and see what is new in bathing wear. Oh, yes - so very hot. :P Must go for a swim, play volley ball, go for a bike ride - on such a lovely day. I'm an animal and a geek. I need to find a way to work on the computer in the sun - really need to get a laptop. :)
Posted on 2001-05-29 13:49:00 by bitRAKE
really need to get a laptop
Yes man, that is the thing one needs. When I come home and see the great weather (even in Germany it is nice - about 27C) and I know that I have to work on my computer for some presentation in school or what so ever then I too wish I had a laptop. HEY, anyone in here owning so much money to spend laptops? I would then accept a Win32asm Logo :D Stefan
Posted on 2001-05-29 16:53:00 by Stefan Krause
I live in the capitol of Canada (Ottawa). Its presently May 29th. Tonight's news forcasted a FROST WARNING. This sux! NaN
Posted on 2001-05-29 17:57:00 by NaN
it's all in your mind:D.. if you control your mind you control everything:D. or.. you can just pretend you're on the beach and all the girls are not wearing those short, revealing..... hehe
So this is my excuse for not being on time It's lame but I hope you can forgive me
no apolagies man.. one do what one can;) by the way, this afternoon i basically melted:D and did nothing too:mad:
Posted on 2001-05-29 18:01:00 by ensein
Complaining about it being hot... Well i live in the southern hemisphere (In NZ) and is f**king freezing. I am cold now, and I have been cold for the last 3 days i think, i lose count. But with winter its rugby season which makes things a bit better.
Posted on 2001-05-29 23:21:00 by George
Hey NaN, how can it be that cold in Ottawa with Jean Cretien blowing all that hot air? Down here in southern Ontario it's not that bad. As for the idea of a laptop, it would be nice to sit on the beach hooked up to a wireless network(from a beach front cottage) and surf the net/program/play games all day long with a cooler of tall cold ones beside me!
Posted on 2001-05-30 10:34:00 by brewmanchu
When I can afford it, I want to get one of these: Wireless Router w/ 4-Port Switch - then a laptop. :) Then it'll be outdoors all year around. :cool: I can dream can't I?
Posted on 2001-05-30 14:08:00 by bitRAKE

brewmanchu,

i believe Ontario is hotter than Ottawa! why? well, look at what
 Mike Harris is doing to us. ;)

boys... all of you are jokers! bitRAKE is not (he's Batman).

Posted on 2001-05-31 14:12:00 by disease_2000
Posted on 2001-05-31 16:50:00 by bitRAKE
BEFW11S4 -- EtherFast Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router w/ 4-Port Switch I'm looking at exactly the same thing right now :eek: I'm trying to figure out wether it will auto-reconnect my ADSL :) if it does then I need it. What kind of ethernet cards does it require? Do you know any? And are they linux compatible? :D This message was edited by Hiroshimator, on 5/31/2001 6:51:47 PM
Posted on 2001-05-31 18:51:00 by Hiroshimator
I think the setup is web-based (ie OS independant). As for the ethernet cards, there are three options that I know of: __1) Wireless USB __2) Wireless PCMIA card (can plug into a special PCI card) __3) Standard PCI card (not wireless, of course) I thinking on getting the special PCI card and wireless PCMIA card. That way it'll work with the second PC or laptop - main system will use a standard PCI ethernet card. Oh, I plan to use this with my cable modem. I might have this stuff by x-mas. (I've got my fingers crossed, and a lock on my wallet) :)
Posted on 2001-05-31 21:10:00 by bitRAKE
Come on guys, don't let technology get in the road of a cute ass here and there :)
Posted on 2001-06-01 05:55:00 by hutch--

hmmm, since all of  you here are having a good time, allows me
 to intterupt abit (i considered this as INT 445) :) and ask for
 your opinions.

I have Borland C++ 5.0, Visual Studio 6.0 and Turbo C++ 3.0

and i don't know which one i should use to create C program (c,
 not c++). i know i use vstudio alot (just the ide for masm), but
 i want to import my asm file to work with C.

which one should i use??? any idea?

(i know i should have post it offtopic somewhere outside instead
 of inside this thread, the reason i couldn't is because it take
 too long to load this forum for some odd reason and i was lucky
 to have this thread loaded...)

Posted on 2001-06-01 16:36:00 by disease_2000
I'd just do it in VC++ if that's what you've been using for MASM. You could just use the compiler to generate MASM code from your C code as well, then merge the two into your current production line. I don't know Hiro can move messages?
Posted on 2001-06-01 16:52:00 by bitRAKE