Every time i come to this msg board why do i have to log in every time. I enable the cookie also but still the problem remains the same. Also why does my icq status remain grey on the board while i am online?
Posted on 2001-06-06 01:16:00 by MovingFulcrum
ICQ: I don't know. I just invoke a function of theirs so it's out of control. Cookies: they get set alright on every PC I tried so it must be a problem with your browser settings I think. Do you use a proxy?
Posted on 2001-06-06 02:44:00 by Hiroshimator
MovingFulcrum: enable the web-aware function in your icq settings. You've probably disabled it, which means you don't allow other people to see your status (that's what the grey icon means). Thomas
Posted on 2001-06-06 03:29:00 by Thomas
I experience the cookies problem also. Everytime I post a message I have to log in again, even though my cookies check is set. It' not a proxy setting. This happens on two Win2k machines of mine (home, work) and the Win98 machine (home). It didn't used to be that way and I'm not aware what may have changed to begin the problem. _shawn
Posted on 2001-06-08 04:20:00 by _Shawn
Cookies.... I have my home machine and work machine, the work machine is connected through a firewall, and the cookies 'expire' on a regular basis. My home machine was logged into the board once, and I have never had to logout again. I guess I'm saying I think it might be the firewall (or the security settings of Windows NT - I can't even change the time on this thing!) umbongo
Posted on 2001-06-08 06:03:00 by umbongo