Actually my client window i think is going over my status bar. I got an mdi app with richedit in it. When u minimize any mdi window it minimizes over the status bar and then when u clik on its title to resize it again, it doesnt respond. I have to select its name from the "window" menu to get it back. Also the top border of the statusbar cant be seen. Also when u maximize an mdi window it goes over the status bar. The nwhen u resize the mdi window back to its normal size the status bar remains gone until i resize the main window. I have tried Ewayne's methods but they r not working. My updated source is availabel at this location. Arnd 10kb. Pls open main.asm as it has all the other files linked in it. u can even see the prog to see what the problem is acctully like. www.geocities.com/moving_fulcrum/mdi.zip Thankx in advance
Posted on 2001-06-06 10:42:00 by MovingFulcrum
What did you do? My program works fine and the last program I helped you fix works fine. I'll have a look at your new program. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-06 12:39:00 by Ewayne
For starters remove the jmp DefMDI that you added to the your Size routine, you don't want Windows to do the sizing again. As far as keeping the Child Windows within the Client Window when your making the Client smaller, your going to have to write a little routine to do that. It should not be that hard. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-06 13:10:00 by Ewayne
ok i will code a prog for that. But why is my cleint window goin over the status bar? Why is tis top border not being seen? Also when i have used the same code as urs then why is my prog also not working the same as urs? Also a word abt ur prog :-) .... U forgot this line invoke SendMessage,hEdit,EM_LIMITTEXT,-1,0 Without this it opens files larger than 64k but u cant type anything in the window :-) Also even u have used the jmp DefMDI in ur prog. even i have not been able to understand why? also if u see the commented code in create.asm u would see that i did try to make the client window smaller but it didnt produce any results. This message was edited by MovingFulcrum, on 6/6/2001 1:25:50 PM
Posted on 2001-06-06 13:22:00 by MovingFulcrum
ok i will code a prog for that. But why is my cleint window goin over the status bar? Why is tis top border not being seen? Also when i have used the same code as urs then why is my prog also not working the same as urs? **** If you would remove the jmp DefMDI after you Size your Client Window you'll be ok, with it in Windows is Resizing again **** and overlaying your Statusbar. Also a word abt ur prog :-) .... U forgot this line invoke SendMessage,hEdit,EM_LIMITTEXT,-1,0 Without this it opens files larger than 64k but u cant type anything in the window :-) **** My program is a Sample program not a fully functional program, **** if it was I would make many changes to it. Also even u have used the jmp DefMDI in ur prog. even i have not been able to understand why? **** I only do that when I size the Child Window not the **** Client Window, maybe I don't need it there I'll check. also if u see the commented code in create.asm u would see that i did try to make the client window smaller but it didnt produce any results. **** To make your Client Window smaller on load just make your Frame Window smaller. Ewayne This message was edited by Ewayne, on 6/6/2001 2:27:22 PM
Posted on 2001-06-06 14:22:00 by Ewayne
ok i solved the problem. also the mdi windows work fine only when the jmp to def mdi is there in the child proc. now i know that i AM getting a bit irritating but can u explain me WHY and What exactly is all this happening. What exactly does does DefMDIProc do and why is that due to the extra resize caused by it the client window goes wrong and the child windows size correctly? I hace read ICZ's tut and it says ot pass all unhandled msgs to DefMDIProc but how does that make it resize once more and does one window go correct while other goes wrong?
Posted on 2001-06-07 13:39:00 by MovingFulcrum