Hi,

i am a newbie in win32asm programming...

I hope you will help me...

Is it possible to develop win32asm object oriented application?

For exemple: a c++ class :

class MyClass
{
private:
int a;

public:
int ReturnA()
{
return a;
}

}

Is there an equivalent in win32asm programming?

Thanks
Posted on 2002-01-08 14:27:40 by DarkEmpire
Yes it's possible with the masm32 OOP object model NaN and I created. This is an include file with the necessary macros to create objects (there is no native support for classes/objects in masm).

The first (preview) version is released, take a look at NaN's site (nan32asm.cjb.net) and my site (exagone.cjb.net), you will find the includes and some examples at both sites.

We are still working on the revision of the object creator tool, the first version is already released but that one is just to set up a class, with the second version (which is not yet finished) you can also edit existing classes with a nice interface (treeview etc).

You can also search the board voor OOP or 'objects', you will probably find some threads about it.

Thomas
Posted on 2002-01-08 14:42:42 by Thomas
Hi,

OOP does not depend on a particular programming language. That way you can code OOP in Asm.
But you have to implement that by yourself.
So it's recommended to learn plain Asm first and switch to OOP later. Especially larger project will highly benefit from OOP.

Bye Miracle
Posted on 2002-01-09 04:41:08 by miracle
In fact, i would like to work on directx application (game programming in the future), so OOP is very important for design, etc.

That is why i would like to have these informations about OOP...

How can i implement OOP by myself in asm??

Thanks
Posted on 2002-01-10 00:42:03 by DarkEmpire
DarkEmpire,

Just a word of warning with the assumptions you are making, assembler is far lower level than the concept of OOP programming you have in mind.

The work that NaN and Thomas have done to build an OOP model is very substancial and it has been developed from low level capacity. To properly use this work, you need to understand the low level capacity of assembler and if you do, you will write much better and more powerful code.

Starting from the bottom and doing the hard stuff has its rewards in better understanding work of the type that NaN and Thomas have developed. This in turn will make your own code a lot better.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-01-10 04:48:49 by hutch--