I don't know if u remeber, but I made a prog which sends datas to the 'look the title' for the 8 data PINs. I used a dll (winio.dll, I don't remeber the name of the maker, sorry, but I thank him). But know I managed (it was easy in fact), u can use the 2 instructions : 'out' 'to write=send' and 'in' (to read). Hpoe I 'm understandable.
Posted on 2001-06-07 15:48:00 by Vom-bonjour:-()
Just a little warning: out and In work in win9x/ME, but not on NT/2k. Thomas (btw WinIO is written by Yariv Kaplan, I made the assembler addition to it)
Posted on 2001-06-07 17:40:00 by Thomas
winio.dll is supposed to break this barrier for W2K and NT.
Posted on 2001-06-07 19:19:00 by Ernie
I just wrote a little prog to flip-flop LPT pins. 8 DATA and 4 CONTROL pins. I have no means to test this prog physicaly with diodes or any another hardware equipment. I don't use WinIO in this stage. Is somebody here who will be willing to help me please??? Thanks forge
Posted on 2001-06-07 20:28:00 by forge
Well, you can use a 'multimeter' (in french, we say that but not in English). You will see the high state (5V) or the low state (0V). But you can use it with a led and a resistor. You can also test it, but with a few hardware: Yesterday, I managed to read the content of a phone card (French card but maybe it works for the others). (of course we can't add more units at this time). With that, you can know the units resting on the card, and the serial number. In fact, to read this cards, we need 5V. But for writing, we need 21V. If you want to know more about it, mail me. (I've also made a prog in ASM to read this datas).
Posted on 2001-06-08 07:51:00 by Vom-bonjour:-()
Thank you Vom-bonjour:-() Yes I will use a 'multimeter' and I think it is also the easiest way to find out. forge
Posted on 2001-06-08 10:21:00 by forge