my program needs some testers. please if you have a few minutes or even longer test it for me. its an internet popup window killer.. it will kill those annoying ads you hate. please state type of system and what kinda of resource hog my program is on your computer. also of course report any bugs and suggestions. the settings arent implemented yet also a list is able to be loaded into the program but writing to the files isnt implemented yet. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD smurf
Posted on 2001-06-20 03:26:00 by smurf
It's cool. Do you have the source ? By the way, you can disable Javascript if you want to prevent the creation of pop-up window.
Posted on 2001-06-20 07:46:00 by karim
new beta out. fixed some bugs.... and the remove buttons actually work like they are suppose to now. program is almost complete. now i have to just implement the settings. thanks for testing karim java script is gonna be in the settings tab already had that planned. CLICK HERE FOR LATEST VERSION karim was my only tester. hopefully some othes will help me out. smurf
Posted on 2001-06-22 13:44:00 by smurf
kewl program. I was using repetetive 3-Finger-Salute to kill the capitalistic spawns. Will the source eventually be avaliable?
Posted on 2001-06-22 21:44:00 by eet_1024
I must be thick headed, but I need some instructions. On the the Template program the Detected Popups text is wrapped and partially hidden with the Popup Tab. Same thing with the Total test on the Destroyed Tab. You might think about changing the Font in your List views. But it's looking good. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-23 16:56:00 by Ewayne
I found it's font very very hard to read, it was too short, too wide, and some weird proportional font I didn't recognise. It would be better if I had less clicking to do, like double click one destroys it, or even being able to make multiple selections. Nice effort, keep it up.
Posted on 2001-06-24 00:08:00 by Ernie
first off what i failed to mension is that my popup killer only supports internet explorer web browser.(Ewayne i think that was your problem) all other popular browsers will be supported shortly.. its not hard to implement. update: -i changed the font. should be better now. -adjusted the labeles so the text wouldnt wrap -text boxes now except text longer than the text box itself -also fixed a major bug on the length of characters that were showing in the listviews. -implemented multirow select. you can now remove,protect and destroy multiple items. -implement doubleclick on items. you can now remove and item on doubleclick. -status bar icon changes when the program is enabled or disabled. -fix some other bugs but cant remember :) as for the open source code im not sure yet. if your curious about anything just ask me. you can download the newest version here if your interested. CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD hope to see more feedback thanks for testing smurf This message was edited by smurf, on 6/24/2001 7:56:49 AM
Posted on 2001-06-24 07:45:00 by smurf
Great job! Some suggestions : - Center the panel name - Use a standard font - Don't use flashy colors :) - In the popup panel, allow users to kill a popup with a double-click Are you sure you don't want to include the sources ? It will encourage people to test your program. Some people don't like executables and prefer to compile the sources.
Posted on 2001-06-24 10:01:00 by karim
The Font looks much better and the text problems are gone. Ewayne
Posted on 2001-06-24 22:18:00 by Ewayne
very nice and works good I conjured some javascript pop-ups to test it. Only takes 2360K memory too :)
Posted on 2001-06-25 03:04:00 by Hiroshimator
hello smurf good job. But could you please tell what this message "duplicate found, action terminated" means when I press the Edit button?
Posted on 2001-06-25 04:19:00 by japheth
Update Fixed a major bug. the text in the listviews should never display - Microsoft Internet Explorer at the end of the popup window text. it was a strange bug but its fixed now. Added support for Netscape Communicator. not yet sure if Netscape Navigator is also supported now. Only one instance of the application can only be started now. Made some changes to the editboxes colors. Added double click destroy to Popup tab listview thanks japheth. that was a bug you were refering to. when the item is edited now the text will display "No changes made" if no changes were actually made.:) disease_2000 implementing the scrollbar was quite simple. its only an extended style you need to set for your listview. - LVS_EX_FLATSB CLICK HERE FOR NEWEST VERSION thanks for testing smurf This message was edited by smurf, on 6/25/2001 11:14:36 AM
Posted on 2001-06-25 11:13:00 by smurf
those are listviews that im using not listboxes. but anyways the first parameter of createwindowex needs to have WS_EX_RIGHTSCROLLBAR. the scrollbar will disappear if all items are visible. smurf
Posted on 2001-06-25 16:43:00 by smurf
Hi disease_2000, to attach the extended style you do just this:

INVOKE CreateWindowEx,WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,offset class_SysListView32,0,LVS_SINGLESEL or LVS_REPORT or WS_CHILD or WS_VISIBLE,4,4,437,400,hWin,0,hInstance,0
MOV hListviewHandle,EAX
MOV EAX, LVS_EX_FLATSB
INVOKE SendMessage,hListviewHandle,LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0,EAX
That's it, you can look up the different styles on MSDN Stefan This message was edited by Stefan Krause, on 6/25/2001 4:58:19 PM
Posted on 2001-06-25 16:48:00 by Stefan Krause
forget my last post disease_2000 that style isnt needed for the scrollbar to appear. stefan is right you need to send the extended listview style to set the flat scrollbar. Stefan why do you mov the extended listview styles into eax? wouldnt be simpler just to code it like this: INVOKE
SendMessage,hListviewHandle,LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0,LVS_EX_FLATSB
smurf This message was edited by smurf, on 6/25/2001 5:07:50 PM
Posted on 2001-06-25 17:05:00 by smurf
Hi smurf, I noticed a small bug. It is actually not a bug but .. errm .. dunno :D The TOTAL display has a problem with showing the total number of entrys (for example in DESTROYED) I assume you have to give some more free space for the number after TOTAL cause it looks like it wraps into the next line. The rest of the program is very cool. Stefan EDIT: Just saw your reply but too late :) Actually I just copied this part out of my program and there I had more styles defined. Call it design or code layout or what, I just like it to see the styles in an own row :P This message was edited by Stefan Krause, on 6/25/2001 5:10:22 PM
Posted on 2001-06-25 17:08:00 by Stefan Krause
hi stefan thanks for testing. download this update and let me know if the problem is corrected. CLICK HERE smurf
Posted on 2001-06-25 17:17:00 by smurf
No, sorry. There is still this empty space. I marked the suspicious thing on the snapshot. There is one black dot which makes me feel that the text is in the next row. Posted on 2001-06-25 17:31:00 by Stefan Krause
Look at those sites Stefan is surfing :eek: :D
Posted on 2001-06-25 18:02:00 by Hiroshimator
hey disease_2000 I have set my resolution to 1024 * 768 just to be able to view my favourite sites properly :D (I wonder where smurf got those pop ups to add to the list from) The image itself is not original size. It was about 380 * ??? after snapping and ... this is a hint for you ... after loading it into Paint Shop Pro I just resized it to double size :P I wanted to make sure that everyone can see the black dot.
Posted on 2001-06-25 18:33:00 by Stefan Krause