The code is correct, both classes use exactly the same properties (read:WNDCLASSEX), they only differ in class name (which is set with 'mov wc.lpfnWndProc, offset ChildProc'). This way two equal classes are setup withouth initializing structures twice. Thomas
Posted on 2001-06-20 16:52:00 by Thomas
Well yes it's overlapped, the second mov overwrites the first value. But this doesn't matter as the first RegisterClassEx has already processed the structure when the value is overwritten. Thomas
Posted on 2001-06-20 17:15:00 by Thomas
I'm not sure I quite understand you but maybe this is what you mean: RegisterClassEx reads the WSCLASSEX structure, and internally (i.e. in the system) creates a window class, based on the info in the structure. After this class is created, the structure isn't used anymore and can be used for something else, in this case, to register another class. So the structure data IS destroyed, but after it has been used so it doesn't matter. Thomas
Posted on 2001-06-21 15:03:00 by Thomas
disease_2000, why do you always use code tags on everthing? I really like the word wrap on text - that way I can reduce the browser window really small and still read the messages.
Posted on 2001-06-22 12:56:00 by bitRAKE
If Hiro just made it so that the text size menu option worked, then everyone could set the size for their own viewing. I know what you mean I use that res at home, but at work they won't change from 800x600 (ouch!).
Posted on 2001-06-22 13:14:00 by bitRAKE
I'm getting more and more confused :eek: but I give it another try. I think your misunderstanding is that WNDCLASSEX is still used after RegisterClassEx. WNDCLASSEX is only a source of information for RegisterClassEx. RegisterClassEx does nothing with it (except for reading it), the registered class is stored internally and has nothing to do with the WNDCLASSEX as soon as RegisterClassEx returns. Then you're free to use it again.
But then again, CreateWindowsEx will only work on the previous WNDCLASSEX.
This isn't true. CreateWindowsEx works on every registered class. This function has nothing to do with any WNDCLASSEX.
you notice something is missing. ShowWindow, and UpdateWindow api.
ShowWindow and UpdateWindow are only necessary for the main window (i.e. a non-child window), child windows do not need it. Thomas
Posted on 2001-06-27 02:54:00 by Thomas
yes Thomas, we're both now confused. i still have more to say. but i'll stop now. and accept the fact that you can RegisterClassEx as many WNDCLASSEX as you want. And find the answer later on... farewell.
Posted on 2001-06-27 05:41:00 by disease_2000
disease_2000, I think it would be better if u leave ur msgs undeleted, or at least leave the 1st that u have posted as it would be beneficial to others who are trying to learn thru what u are asking. It would be useless to see only the posts of Thomas and not understand what u have asked. Maybe u should only delete them if the folder is "burning"?
Posted on 2001-06-27 11:28:00 by JCL