Can you call from a Control you've created with "DialogBoxParam" another one with the same API function? I am currently debugging a routine (was working fine) and to simplify it I replaced the first Window with a control. The control works fine too, but when I am calling a child control it does create it but gives me no control as a user to it (as if it does not processing any messages. If I set as parent (of the child control) 0 (system) I face the same problem (the "parent" still works..). I've tried to call the child in the beginning of the routine (not from the "parent" and it works fine:mad: as it did before... Any suggestions?:) Goridis
Posted on 2001-06-23 11:32:00 by dgoridis
im not sure if i understand your question. ill give it a shot anyways. if your main dialog windows handle is hWnd all your children will need to have hWnd as its parent. if you have your dialog and a control then a control on top of that control you will need to subclass all controls that dont have its parent set as hWnd. disregard this if this makes no sense to what you are having problems with. smurf
Posted on 2001-06-23 17:51:00 by smurf
Maybe your using the same values for your child controls' messages. Might wanna cheek that.
Posted on 2001-06-23 18:35:00 by goofee
Thanks for your help guys. :) The problem -finaly- was that I didn't return a zero value at EAX register. I'm not sure for the point of this but I was lucky one ;) to find a dialog box example.. See you
Posted on 2001-06-27 08:09:00 by dgoridis