Whats the difference between tasm 5.0 and Tasm 5.3 (that comes with builder)?

I tried the tasm newsgroup (borland.public.tasm), but nobody answered, so I tough I just ask the same question here.

BTW. I liked tasm better than masm, but stopped using it when MMX, 3DNow and SMID came along.
Posted on 2002-01-09 08:20:09 by dxantos
Yeah me too. I was looking at some newsgroups and they don't seem to know the answer.
Posted on 2002-01-09 21:34:50 by stryker
probably because most people who used to go there now use MASM. :tongue:

I doubt that Borland have done anything serious with TASM for the last 5 years.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-01-09 23:22:54 by hutch--
I'll probably switch to MASM in the future. But that's just a probability.
Posted on 2002-01-09 23:31:56 by stryker
Really, why is it that some people stay behind and use tasm? I'm
pretty curious, since I can't see any obvious advantages of tasm.
It still even uses the old OMF object format, icky icky.
Posted on 2002-01-10 05:05:07 by f0dder
Nowadays I use masm, but in terms of syntax and oop I liked a lot Tasm Ideal mode. I even used some of the OOP features of it. But since the purpose of using an assembler in the first place is optimizing code, I stoped using it when the new instructions (SMID, 3DNow, etc arrived), and of course when masm32 package arrived :grin:

Still I would like to know if finally they put the new instructions in place, or they just give it a number without meaning.

Hutch

probably because most people who used to go there now use MASM. :tongue:

The funny thing is that I asked on the tasm newsgroup, not even the people that where TeamB answered. (Guess they dont know either). :tongue:
Posted on 2002-01-11 19:05:14 by dxantos
Why do I use it, hmmm. Good question.

Well I was having trouble setting up masm, typed tasm on the command line by accident. Behold tasm in its glory!

Why do I keep using it.... No clue, maybe because it starts with a T?

I can use both TASM and MASM now, but TASM just makes me feel better inside.

I have had few compatiablity problems when using the masm tutorials in tasm. So why give up so early? Me and tasm are now true soul mates.

:grin:
Posted on 2002-01-12 00:00:00 by -T-