Hey all. :) I'm trying to set the background of my dialog box black, but I'm having a problem with it under Win2k. It works fine on 98/ME but on 2K, the dialog background is just transparent and the window caption doesn't show up. I use the same code to color the bg of my edit boxes (except I use TRANSPARENT instead of OPAQUE), and they work fine even under 2K so I don't know what the problem could be. This is what I used: .elseif uMsg == WM_CTLCOLORDLG invoke SetBkMode, wParam, OPAQUE invoke SetBkColor, wParam, Black invoke CreateSolidBrush, Black I've also tried using GetStockObject, BLACK_BRUSH in place of the CreateSolidBrush call, and using TRANSPARENT in place of OPAQUE but but it all had the same effect. Does anyone have any idea as to what could be wrong? Thanks! :)
Posted on 2001-06-28 16:25:00 by Bl00dBaTH
When moving from Win9x to Win2k, the first question some of us ask is: Are you properly saving the values of registers EBX, ESI, and EDI?
Posted on 2001-07-02 22:08:00 by tank
Yup. I finally figured out my little problem last night after changing my code time and time again though. I forgot to have my Message Loop return TRUE/FALSE and so the program would eat resources like crazy and have a transparent bg under 2k. All I needed was a simple .else mov eax, FALSE ret .endif added to my Message Loop and now it works perfectly. *slap* :) Thanks for the reply though. ;) Regards, Bl00dBaTH
Posted on 2001-07-03 11:37:00 by Bl00dBaTH