Well,

I have installed Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2,
how do I go about Assemble and Link my programs using this ?

Untill now, I have used Macro Assembler v6.14, but now I have v8  :)

It's a different set of include and lib files, from the ones I've used until now,
so if you could help me out I sure would appreciate it  ;)

regards,

The SharK
Posted on 2008-01-29 11:58:09 by The SharK
The SharK,

Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2 is designed for C/C++ programming. You need a tool to convert the header files ( .h ) to Masm include files. Have a look at Japheth's project :

About h2incx

This tool's purpose is to convert C header files to MASM include files. It is much more powerful than Microsoft's h2inc tool. The main purpose is to convert the Win32 include files, but it should work with any C header files as well. It is a simple Win32 console application, but a 32bit DOS extended binary version is included as well to be used on Non-Win32 platforms.
Features

* a private profile file is used which allows fine-tuning of the include files to generate.
    * huge C header sets can be converted in one run (for example the Win32 headers contained in the PSDK).
    * prototypes may be written so the include file fits for both dynamic linking to a dll (using the IAT entries) and static linking to a library.
    * optionally a .DEF file is written, which can then be converted to an import library with POLIB.

Posted on 2008-01-29 12:58:55 by Vortex
Thanks Vortex

I'll have a look at this tool.
Until then, I have just copied the masm v8 files
into the /bin directory of the masm32 package  ;)

regards,

The SharK
Posted on 2008-01-29 16:54:39 by The SharK