Hi

I am still newbie when we talk about resizing controls :( I am struggling with almost 2 days but no good result. I have a few questions for something that is don't understand and i am confused about all this.
I have a windows with one tree view control that is on the left side of the window. Next to the tree view control is list view control. Under this list view control i have 2 edit boxes, 4 buttons, and under this edit boxes and buttons is another list view control. Now when i maximize my main window i want to resize all my controls so they can fit all over the main window. Tree view height changes width no change. First list view control that is at the top of the main window will change width and height. Second LV control (at the bottom) will change only width. Edit boxes and buttons that are under group box will change width between each other and this group box will change only width.

Thanks
Posted on 2008-01-30 06:31:35 by stanks
Read this post first.
Then read about the SetWindowPos() Win32 API which you will need to resize controls.
Posted on 2008-01-30 06:45:10 by XCHG
also pay attention to system metrics for border sizes etc.. (GetSystemMetrics)
you can also use MoveWindow instead of SetWindowPos (it really depends on what you want to do)...
and also be aware that sometimes (especially for client windows) the window rect returned can be relative to the parent window... so you have to calculate displacment etc.. and/or convert to/from screen coordinates
Posted on 2008-01-30 10:41:05 by evlncrn8
Hey Stanks,

Ernie has a great tutorial on splitter bars, which by necessity include a lot about resizing...

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ernies_world/a.htm

Donkey
Posted on 2008-01-30 22:40:39 by donkey