Hi all,

I haven't seen any referance to the IA-32 manuals here in the forums or on any asm website.  They are available for free (they pay shipping) in hard copy for a nice desktop referance. You can get a copy by calling or writing to Intel.

The manuals are as follows:

• SKU #253665 : Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual - Volume 1: Basic Architecture

• SKU #253666 : Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual - Volume 2A: Instruction Set Reference, A-M

• SKU #253667 : Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual - Volume 2B: Instruction Set Reference, N-Z

• SKU #253668 : Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual - Volume 3A: System Programming Guide

• SKU #253669 : Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual - Volume 3B: System Programming Guide

• SKU #248966 : Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Reference Manual

These books contain a wealth of information on machine instructions.

Go to http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/ to get your copy by selecting "Order a printed copy" on that page,  Write down the SKU numbers and give them a call.

You can also download the PDF files of the manuals but having a hard copy is always easier to find what you looking for, atleast for me anyways!

If anyone knows of AMD's hardcopy manuals please post here with the link.

Posted on 2008-04-12 00:35:55 by japreja
I've sent them an email a while back about that, and people here have mentioned them. Just not in this section of the forum.

I don't know anything about AMD. I've seen their site, and checked out some PDF files, but never saw anything about getting a hardcover version.
Posted on 2008-04-12 03:08:32 by Bobbias