Posted on 2008-05-14 10:08:52 by s3ood
Mmm,

Too bad you don't post your real name, that way the people who frequent here who hire programmers can be warned that you're the type of student that if he doesn't agree that a subject is relevant just decides to buy his way out of it. It helps the project managers weed you out without having to bother with an interview...

Good to know that laziness and a lack of desire to learn is still alive and well !
Posted on 2008-05-19 00:05:24 by donkey
donkey: first of all, the course I am studying is in no way related to what I am studying, I am doing my masters in Networking, and assembly is in no way helpful to me or my field. Secondly, even if it were just a little bit related or maybe even helpful in some special circumstances, the circumstances under which our professor decided to give us 2 lectures on assembly then expect us to code assembly with no prior knowledge is absurd to say the least. Call it laziness, call it what ever you like .. but one fact remains, the faculty of IT chose this subject arbitrarily through a system that does not relate or help the student it is just another random stunt chosen by someone was in fact lazy and careless. When a university has more than 300 major's this is very common and it does happen. Excuse me for trying to find a way around it. I was hoping that people who actually know assembly would excuse my "laziness" since they know better than anyone what goes through learning and actually achieving results in assembly, it is not like learning Java or C++. Those language I could get by with the many resources I have, maybe even accomplish some results, but to actually solve the problems I posted in less than 2 weeks with the load of other subjects that I have would be next to impossible.

Next time you decide to judge someone and call "procrastination" before you even know the details, I suggest you think twice. If you don't wont to help fine, just ignore posts like these. You don't have to voice your opinion on something you know jack shit about.
Posted on 2008-05-19 09:10:03 by s3ood
Yes that did sound a little harsh, try to understand that we endure a lot of 'junk requests' for things like homework, and note that you omitted those details in your initial post which would clearly have qualified your request as 'having substance'.
We don't mean to be ogres.

Machine languages are so simple that they SEEM hard.
With the right teacher, and noting that you do have a prior background in 'some kind of programming language', you can learn enough to write a simple (pointless, but working) program in about 20 minutes.
Posted on 2008-05-19 20:10:50 by Homer
editing the original post so no-one actually sees it anymore is a bit childish however.. and im sure the lecturer expected you do do a little research before doing the project...
Posted on 2008-05-20 00:07:09 by evlncrn8
homer: thanks, actually i started reading some resources (seeing as we dont have a book or even online resources from the university) and I am starting to get the hang of it, can u recommend any starter resources?

evilncrn8: jesus h christ, why is everyone so jumpy here .. i removed because i posted it so long ago and no one helped so after getting my first reply i decided to remove so if anybody googles the questions they wont find this thread since its pointless anyway. I am sure the lecturer did expect us to do some research .. its just he didnt give us any resources all he gave us was a lecture about making loops and how to move things around the memory in assembly he never went into depth in anything else, which left us lost to say the least and I am having trouble finding resources online.
Posted on 2008-05-20 03:08:22 by s3ood
I just answered the same question here: http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=29065.0

:)
Posted on 2008-05-20 03:17:07 by Homer