Hi!

I have made a tool that allows the user to create some basic GDI objects (ellipse, rectangle & rounded rectangle) in just a few seconds! All you have to do is to click a button and place the object at desired place and then the program will generate the code for you! It's possible to change color and style on the brush and pen.

The program is large (because I made it with Delphi) and I don't think the code is very optimized, but it works quite good.

Take a look at the attached screenshots and download the sample (RadASM project) if you are interested.

sample (RadAsm project)

ShapeCreator.zip (230 kb)

/Delight
Posted on 2002-01-12 16:55:10 by Delight
I don't understand how this relates to asm.
Posted on 2002-01-12 17:18:09 by Asm_Freak
Interesting tool delight.

Asm freak.... It's relationship to asm is that it produces gdi creation code in asm. Just because it wasn't written in asm doesn't mean that it can't be of use to asm coders. In that sense it's kind of like that vb program (can't remember the name or coder off hand) that produces the CreateWindow asm code from visual basic source (sort of like a resource editor but without using dialog resources).
Posted on 2002-01-12 18:06:24 by Will

In that sense it's kind of like that vb program (can't remember the name or coder off hand) that produces the CreateWindow asm code from visual basic source (sort of like a resource editor but without using dialog resources).

If you mean my tool (FRM2ASM), I must correct you, that this tool is written in PowerBASIC, not in VB! (PB doesn't need any runtimes and isn't such bloated as VB is) :)

Posted on 2002-01-12 18:38:07 by bazik
i didn't download it :(, i thought it was just an advertisment for a delphi program, sorry :(

JP
Posted on 2002-01-13 00:49:17 by Asm_Freak
It would be nice to have that as a pluggin to RadASM. Are you going to do an assembly language version? How do I change the border color, or no border? ;)

Edit: Okay, I figured it out...just took some playing.

bitRAKE
:stupid:
Posted on 2002-01-13 01:01:03 by bitRAKE
Wow that's pretty neat. One nice feature that you could add would be like a drop pane. For example, say i had 5 shapes to make a dog, but then i decide to make a tree, but i want to put the tree where the dog is originally, well i dont' want to have to move all of the pieces of the dog, if i put it on a drop pane, i could just move the pane and the dog would move along with it. If you did this, the generated asm code wouldn't be affected.

JP

If this doesn't maek sense let me know.
Posted on 2002-01-13 01:11:16 by Asm_Freak
Hi all!

Asm_Freak: I'm sorry that I wasn't clear enough in my first post, it was late and i was very tired :). About the drop pane - I assume you mean the possibility to select several shapes at the same time. I'm going to work on this as soon as possible

bitRAKE: I don't think there will ever be an assembly language version of this program - I am not good enough in asm. I'm a newbie and i'm still struggeling with the the very basic stuff...

/Delight
Posted on 2002-01-13 03:43:44 by Delight
Delight,

I would not worry about the tool not being created in assembler, most of the programs that I supply in MASM32 as tools etc ... are written in PowerBASIC which have no runtimes at all so coding a new tool in Delphi is not a problem.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-01-13 04:56:41 by hutch--
Hi Delight

Nice tool. :alright:
bitRAKE, it does not need to be asm to work as a RadASM tool.
Just add it to the tools menu. RadASM Direct is also written in Delphi.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-13 05:22:04 by KetilO