Hi.

I'm having my fifteen minutes of fame so i just thought i'bragg it here :)
In short, Heaven 7 is a stunning raytraced 64K intro from Exceed dating from 2000.
The other night i had the idea of hacking it so it can be seen in very high resolution on today's PCs.

You can read the story here:
http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=5977&page=1
file:
http://dl.free.fr/pLXyklGnw  (click on "TÚlÚcharger ce fichier")
(the two highest resolutions only work in windowed mode (and you need a big enough desktop) )

Posted on 2008-12-23 08:50:19 by HeLLoWorld
nice :)
And sorry to hear you've been fired :(
Posted on 2008-12-30 05:20:28 by Ultrano
hehe.

No problem at all! i didnt belong there anyway, i had it coming, and i got money to accept to quit, and that way i have some christmas holiday :).
hope i find something else soon, though...

Posted on 2008-12-31 13:11:09 by HeLLoWorld
I hope you find something too... good luck in your new ventures.
Posted on 2008-12-31 22:15:47 by Homer
Heh, that's pretty cool actually :)
Posted on 2009-11-16 10:33:12 by Scali
Thank you very much!
'twas almost one year ago already,time flies :)

As it turned out, thanks to my foundings, me and another guy made versions  of h7 supporting high resolution modes (we both finally got the original sources from stephen/exceed who contacted picard if i remember well ) and it's that other version that has been archived
here on pouet.net , it's quite hidden, you've got to click on "making of" which redirects on this page at exceed, where you can download the file by clicking "heaven seven - special holiday edition with high-resolutions" .

that's it :)

Posted on 2009-11-16 11:28:08 by HeLLoWorld
Thanks, I tried it on my laptop with a 16:10 widescreen. Worked like a charm in native res, with no distortion.

Lol, I found that some of my own demoscene-related productions of ages ago have similar problems.
Some of them use DDraw with some 320x200 mode, which isn't always available anymore.
And the DDraw DLL that I used for fullscreen display in Croissant 9... it has 1024x768 hardcoded as the highest resolution it can handle. Things can go quite wrong when you try higher resolutions than that :)
Posted on 2009-11-17 04:32:51 by Scali