hi alll...
i'm making a litle app, and i need interact with RadASM, i need
insert text in the code window from my external app...
i get the handle of code window and send a em_replacesel message,but nothing append :((...
i read some articles and i see that i have to send a em_exsetsel message first,but dont work too...
can someone helpme on this...
bye all....
Posted on 2008-12-28 07:33:40 by 5k3l3t0r
Try writing an addin - that will make life much easier for you.

Look at the ResourceID Addin.. The way I do it is to retrieve all text from the window, modify what I want and then write it back using this code

invoke SendMessage,hOpen,EM_EXSETSEL,0,addr chrg
invoke SendMessage,hOpen,EM_GETSELTEXT,0,hMem
; Text is in hMem
invoke SendMessage,hOpen,EM_REPLACESEL,TRUE,hMem

Posted on 2008-12-28 09:57:22 by JimmyClif
hi jimmy...
tks for your reply,but i want my app work separate from radasm,not as a plugin... is this possible?
bye, and i wish you a happy new year, and for all members ofcourse...
sorry about my english..
Posted on 2008-12-29 06:20:16 by 5k3l3t0r
Of course its possible - your application will have to obtain the Window Handle of the target window - regardless that it is owned by another application.
Then you can send Window Messages to the target window.
Posted on 2008-12-29 07:27:15 by Homer
hi homer...
i try several times,but nothing...
maybe another trick...
i can send the message for other app created by me but not for radasm code window... i try to get the handle with windowhack and send the message direct to the handle retrieved...but as always,nothing apend...
any sugestion???
bye...
Posted on 2008-12-29 07:46:04 by 5k3l3t0r
Did you make sure that you set the flag in the SendMessage to TRUE? I just wondered for about 5 minutes why my EM_REPLACESEL didn't work and I had as Flag 0. You can always post some code and we can have a look at it too.

Cheers,
Posted on 2008-12-29 21:10:18 by JimmyClif
hi jimmy,
post the code isn't easy for me now,because i just have internet on my pocket pc,i hope just for some time... for now i solve with wm_copy and then manually past in radasm... i will try to post the code...
bye... and tks.
Posted on 2008-12-30 09:40:28 by 5k3l3t0r