Hi everyone
I want to showoff what I done with help of d3dx9 ,put it on mp4 format so I can show it to everyone, it is lot easier with ddraw to dump some, how do I dump some with slightly modding my demos?
DD
Posted on 2008-12-29 13:21:44 by daydreamer
I can help you host them on my paid hosting, if you need space.  ;)
Posted on 2008-12-29 19:55:08 by roticv
Firstly, accept that your application will not run in realtime while you are grabbing the video... it might be close, but you are doing more work, and doing it in the middle of the rendering loop...

You need to be able to make a 'screen grabber' as follows:
Create an output texture using the pixelformat and resolution of your choice.
Change the main rendering code to "render to texture" once every N frames (so you have a known output framerate).

Now you need to be able to emit the captured frames to a video codec:
Whenever you did render to texture, you need to lock that texture, and emit the BITMAP image to a movie codec (eg for MP4/AVI , maybe use Windows Media Encoder), then unlock your texture again.

If you can grab video frames, you can make a movie: although its a LOT more easy to use a third party video capture tool, the output will be always missing some frames.
Posted on 2008-12-29 23:01:22 by Homer
Have 4 BGRA screen-sized textures (not RGBA!). You'll be using them in round-robin fashion: dump backbuffer to one, Send the 4th old texture via TCP to another computer - it'll be doing the compression.

Or simply use FRAPs :)

btw, megavideo.com , youtube has HQ video too. I use CrunchyRoll.com, there you can upload 720p h264, and have it stay forever!
Posted on 2008-12-30 05:03:21 by Ultrano
thanks, gonna try some thirdparty at first
Posted on 2008-12-30 12:40:55 by daydreamer