Greetings all.  I am new to the realm of Debugging, Disassembly, ASM code, and RCE in general.

I have a short turnaround project that needs to be done quickly and I'll be the first to admit I am in way over my head.  I am wondering if I could solicit some help from you all since this seems to be a good collection of expertise.

I have a Application that communicates to a server in the standard 1Server/ManyClients configuration.

I have disassembled this app with OllyDbg and IDA and have determined that it is linked against openSSL-0.9.6d.  I have downloaded the source for openSSL and am moderately familiar with it.  I also found references to Diffie-Hellman in the disassembly, so I believe its using DH for key generation and DES for the crypto.

The problem is that the server software has been lost and I need a way to start reverse engineering the network protocol.  I am at a loss as to how to find the p and g keys inside the binary.

Like the title of this post, is there an easy way to match the C Function signatures in the openSSL code to the ASM I see with ollydbg/IDA ?  ANY help is needed and appreciated!!

Posted on 2009-04-24 13:16:15 by claymore1977
Get the debugging symbols?
Posted on 2009-04-24 21:16:48 by comrade