Our last dog, a border collie, past away 6 months ago and while strolling around PetCo this morning we adopted this little fella. We named him 'Noodles' and he's a Brussel Griffon.

edit: Ultrano - I changed the thread title to accomodate your cat :) I have 3 cats but I mainly feed them, two are jerks and the last one is a scaredy-cat who doesn't like anyone.
Attachments:
Posted on 2009-09-05 21:57:20 by JimmyClif
Well, it's not a dog, but a hybrid squirrel/tasmanian-devil, but here's my pet when he's not tearing human flesh or moving the furniture around:
Attachments:
Posted on 2009-09-06 02:43:11 by Ultrano
A lot of nice pets.

This is a pic of my mother's female German Shepherd, Senta who is 10 yrs old and seriously spoiled.

Attachments:
Posted on 2009-09-09 06:21:24 by skywalker
Here's my pet spider.
Actually it's not a pet, it's a racing spider.
He's in training.
So far, I've trained him to stay still when I call him (or say anything, actually), and to follow a black line on a white surface.

Attachments:
Posted on 2009-09-09 06:41:39 by Homer
How do you train a spider?!?!
Posted on 2009-09-09 09:38:54 by roticv
Is the spider venomous?

One time I was picking dew berries off the side of a road close to Galveston, Texas.

I saw a black snake about 15 ft. away, and so I backed off closer to the road.
The snake started crawling towards me at a fast rate of speed.

I ran to the car without looking back.

I found out later that the common name of the snake was a hoop snake which was non poisonous and they commonly chase people.

Andy

Posted on 2009-09-09 10:39:12 by skywalker
The spider is venemous, it is a member of the tarantula family, however its mouth is too small to bite a human, and the only deaths attributed to this species have involved accidental ingestion.

Spiders can be trained the same way as chickens.
Hold the chicken's head on the ground, and trace a line in the dirt from its nose and away from it, when released the chicken will (usually) follow the path, even if it is a complex curve.

For spider training, I use a permanent marker with a xeon-based solvent (smells a little like alcohol).
I believe that the spider can sense, and is attracted to, the smell, which is weaker near the spider, and stronger where my line finished. The spider seems to learn to associate the line with the attractive smell, because after some training, it will follow a line drawn with, say, charcoal, whereas an untrained spider will not.

Posted on 2009-09-14 01:57:17 by Homer
Spider racing is not a recognized sport.
Posted on 2009-09-15 00:46:43 by Homer

Spider racing is not a recognized sport.

Maybe they play it on The Ocho.
Posted on 2009-09-15 01:17:16 by SpooK