I am taking a class on microprocessors.  We are concentrating on intel 8086/8088. I am doing 16-bit assembly language programs.  At school we are using MASM 6.11 and CodeView.  To do the work at home, I downloaded OpenWatcom 1.8 and has been working with it for two weeks now, everything is working out very well.

My problem.  I need to make assembled code listing file, I have instructions on how to make it using MASM, it is /Fl, the command line looks like this:  c:\masm611\bin\ml /Fl lab.asm.  No problem there, I made it, printed it.  How do I make this file using OpenWatcom?

Thanks in advance.
Posted on 2009-10-13 17:18:30 by shteii01
There is (unfortunately) negative answer to your question at www.openwatcom.org:

No listing files are generated. Producing full listings may be a waste of effort because wdis (the Open Watcom disassembler) does a very good job.
Posted on 2009-10-13 18:26:43 by baldr

There is (unfortunately) negative answer to your question at www.openwatcom.org:

No listing files are generated. Producing full listings may be a waste of effort because wdis (the Open Watcom disassembler) does a very good job.

Ok, I found it.  In OpenWatcom IDE it is in the menu:  Source->Disassemble.  That generates *.lst file and in the type column of the file manager it is listed: MASM Listing.

Posted on 2009-10-13 19:14:02 by shteii01