I'm looking for a GUI for NASM or at least a front end loader. Something to where I can write code as if in Notepad, and prss a hotkey to run a nasm script to create the binary formatted output... like mycode.bin I am using windows. I tried RadASM but i can't get it to recognize NASM. and it has way more then I need. I thought about making a .Net app for this but don't want to waste the time if there is something better. I also thought about using UltraEdit but this too is more then I need. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for as minimal as possible I DO NOT need all the extra bells and whistle. Just write code, hotkey to batch file.
Posted on 2009-10-28 08:35:40 by Goose007
Have you tried Florian Balmer's notepad2?
Posted on 2009-10-28 08:51:19 by ti_mo_n
ti_mo_n: No. I have now... Thanks.

Others: Please feel free to post other options!
Posted on 2009-10-28 09:52:05 by Goose007

ti_mo_n: No. I have now... Thanks.

Others: Please feel free to post other options!

GVim.
Posted on 2009-10-28 10:01:05 by SpooK
Also based on Scintilla (like Notepad++) I'm partial to SciTE myself.
Posted on 2009-10-28 11:21:58 by Synfire
I use ConTEXT.
I have attached the syntax highlighter I use (the only NASMX macro I really use is Invoke, so you might want to add more if necessary).
Also, I use a dark blue background as my colour scheme as I find it easier on my eyes, so the colours may not be optimal (I forgot to save my white background one before I modified it).  They are easy to change under Environment Options though.
Attachments:
Posted on 2009-10-29 20:39:01 by sysfce2