I don't suppose there is a way that Qeditor can access .hxi files like it can the win32.hlp file?

It would be nice to search the 2003 SDK help files using the F1 key when you have the source code open.

Posted on 2009-11-11 21:02:27 by skywalker
For various historical reasons, hutch doesn't come around this forum, so you're probably better off asking the question over at his own board.

You're even better off finding a better text editor, though - with the plethora of free (and even open-source) editors around, I'm surprised anybody sticks with Qeditor these days. For light editing jobs, I personally use Notepad++ and online MSDN integration (was easier to code than grabbing the HtmlHelpv2 SDK, and this way I'm sure I always get latest documentation... most of my MSDN lookups happen with Visual Studio and offline MSDN, though).
Posted on 2009-11-13 12:59:52 by f0dder
You're even better off finding a better text editor, though - with the plethora of free (and even open-source) editors around, I'm surprised anybody sticks with Qeditor these days. For light editing jobs, I personally use Notepad++ and online MSDN integration (was easier to code than grabbing the HtmlHelpv2 SDK, and this way I'm sure I always get latest documentation... most of my MSDN lookups happen with Visual Studio and offline MSDN, though).

I've become a big fan of SciTE over the past year. At least with my ASM stuff. It's very cleanly designed and is really easy to extend. Much more recently I've been using the PikLab IDE with SDCC/GPUtils back-end. PikLab however is for microcontroller/PIC programming but it's probably one of the cleanest IDE's I've used for any type development. I REALLY wished they made an extension for developing on the PC, but as development has apparently slacked off on it over the last few months I doubt that will ever come to pass.

I can't really say I ever used Qeditor for anything more than taking a quick view of some code. When I was on windows I used Embedded BAT/ASM files. On the rare occasion I did use RadASM, although after several updates by Ketil I lost interest in it.

I think I'm with f0dder on this one, if you are adamant about using Qeditor then you should probably hit up hutches forum where you are guaranteed and answer from someone, if not hutch.
Posted on 2009-11-13 18:47:22 by Synfire
Just like f0dder, I use Notepad++ for the quick look at things but I am a almost happy RadAsm user. I came to live with a few shortcomings and I haven't updated in probably half a year but all around I'm a happy camper.

Intellisense, syntax highlighting and the dialog design alone make it worth the change.

Radasm has a SDK help plugin but I'm still sticking with my half baked solution of the win32.hlp from anno 1898 along with the online msdn.
Posted on 2009-11-13 22:00:43 by JimmyClif