Hello Everyone! First of all, sorry for my bad English... I'd like to write some kind of Pong game in MASM, in 320x200, 256-color mode, but more simply one. It only has to implement moving one paddle with keys and ball's bouncing off the walls and paddle. It has to be like Pong with one paddle, and ball moving from one wall to second one. Does anyone has some examples of such a program, some pieces of advice, or anything what could help me? I'm looking for any kind of help. I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance, regards and happy New Year!
Posted on 2010-01-01 15:50:26 by Wojtek.wk
Or maybe does anyone have any version of PONG written in MASM?
Posted on 2010-01-02 07:08:54 by Wojtek.wk
Not many people today write DOS apps. I guess you would get more help with a win32 app.
Posted on 2010-01-03 11:59:03 by ti_mo_n
I have to write this program in Win32. Does anyone have some examples? Thank you!
Posted on 2010-01-03 12:30:14 by Wojtek.wk
Win32 and 320x200? I doubt this video mode is supported on any modern Windows. First of all, you should specify what graphics subsystem you would like to use, Then what input modes, etc. Right now it looks like you yourself don't know what you want to write and are just waiting for someone to write it for yourself. Many people here are very happy to be of help provided that the asker shows some effort on his/her own. In other words: Many people here (myself included) will help you find mistakes, guide you, explain this or that, but they will not write this for you. Show some progress, show some effort, and you WILL receive help then.

/edit
typos
Posted on 2010-01-03 18:20:47 by ti_mo_n
Win32 and 320x200? I doubt this video mode is supported on any modern Windows.

It is not supported in Vista and newer versions of Windows... with the exception of using legacy XP drivers, which is not something that most people do.
Then again, since these modern OSes offer free bitmap scaling functionality, there's not really any limit to the resolutions...
You could write a 320x200 game, and then scale it to whatever window size you want.
However, I would advise against any kind of fixed resolution. The best way is to scale your graphics dynamically to the actual screen resolution.
Posted on 2010-01-04 04:59:59 by Scali
I'm sorry for making trouble. I've just wanted to ask for anything connected to this program, because I even didn't know how to begin writing it...
Regards!
Posted on 2010-01-04 09:01:15 by Wojtek.wk
How about Ketil's games which run in a regular window? Like the Space Invaders from this thread here ? Unfortunately the attachment is gone - hopefully someone has a copy of it.

Posted on 2010-01-04 09:14:33 by JimmyClif
Or Chris Hobbs tetris clone.. thats easily obtained.
Posted on 2010-01-04 10:14:44 by Homer