The NASM SourceForge Forums have been ported over to a dedicated forum software: http://forum.nasm.us/

We hope this will increase the usability and visibility of NASM related development and use.

Furthermore, we encourage NASM users to think of this new forum as the "official" centralized community for sharing and collaboration.

Please feel free to register and participate, and let's keep NASM moving forward!
Posted on 2010-01-23 19:36:46 by SpooK
Have jumper leads, will travel :)
Posted on 2010-01-24 03:36:53 by Homer
Finally Nasm forum have a good board!
That SF forum board is too much bad. Now Nasm forum is a "real" forum.
Posted on 2010-01-24 08:28:35 by nathanpc
Any reason the forum couldn't just be a subforum here? Too much traffic for that? It's annoying with yet another forum.
Posted on 2010-01-24 09:11:15 by f0dder
Hmm, now I'm thinking like you f0dder.
Posted on 2010-01-24 09:12:47 by nathanpc

Any reason the forum couldn't just be a subforum here? Too much traffic for that? It's annoying with yet another forum.

My assumption is because it's supposed to be the "Official" NASM Forum, it just makes more sense for it to be located on the project's site rather than a separate site.
Posted on 2010-01-24 09:13:32 by Synfire

My assumption is because it's supposed to be the "Official" NASM Forum, it just makes more sense for it to be located on the project's site rather than a separate site.

Yes, and that is understandable; it always seems a bit weird when some project's official forum is some sub-forum elsewhere. It's just that there aren't that many assembly programmers around, and they're fragmented enough as is... And a lot of/most posts on the various dedicated-assembler-flavor forums aren't really specific to that particular assembler, so it's really a shame.
Posted on 2010-01-24 09:30:22 by f0dder

Yes, and that is understandable; it always seems a bit weird when some project's official forum is some sub-forum elsewhere. It's just that there aren't that many assembly programmers around, and they're fragmented enough as is... And a lot of/most posts on the various dedicated-assembler-flavor forums aren't really specific to that particular assembler, so it's really a shame.

That would be ideal, but Synfire is correct. Overall, we want to keep that forum specific to NASM users and development. Also, I don't know how many people would like having to see this place as the official forum. Some people are simply turned off by this place and perhaps me specifically, but then again those users would tend to gravitate toward the "other two" places anyhow :P

The plan is to, in time, build a lot of cross traffic between here and there... a symbiotic relationship of interests, if you will.

If there is an overwhelming consensus/demand to consolidate, to the extent f0dder mentioned, we will definitely investigate the possibility.
Posted on 2010-01-24 10:41:29 by SpooK
For those of you who had trouble registering at the new forum, please try again now :)
Posted on 2010-01-24 15:54:00 by SpooK