Hi Friends,
I am trying to write a program which can print logo (an image) stored in EEPROM to a printer (NO COMPUTER INVOLVED). When a signal comes from an external Key, all data stored in EEPROM is printed and after that the image should get printed at the bottom of the page.

Is it possible? Is it printer depended? Any one tried to or has a manual about it?

Regards,
Robin.
Posted on 2010-01-24 04:47:35 by robincarry
robincarry,

Your explanation of the problem is quite confusing. I'll try to outline how I understand it.
1. There is some device, connected to some printer through 36-pin micro ribbon connector (AKA Centronics).
2. Device contains EEPROM which it dumps to printer when some button (connected to/contained in device) is pressed.
3. Data sent to printer cause it to print something (logo bitmap).

Part 3 is the most complex. Printers use different control languages (and dialects thereof): Postscript, PCL, QPDL, ESC/P to name a few. Look here for more information.
Posted on 2010-01-24 06:21:00 by baldr
hi baldr,

thanks for the response. Let me try to paraphrase the problem:

- A device which has a 8051 Micro COntroller, which is connected to Parallel port printer. (I am not the hardware expert but write program in C, just helping out my colleagues, if I can)
- Data is fetched from EEPROM by 8051 COntroller (the program burned in 8051 does it) and sends it to this Printer.
- Data earlier stored was in Text, now has changed to image (stored in HEX). How should we get it as image on the paper (that too not on the full paper, some part of the paper).

THanks for the spec, I will go through it. If any other working examples exists, please let me know.

Regards,
Arpit
Posted on 2010-01-25 08:57:36 by robincarry
robincarry,

For particular printer make/model it will be easy (you may even use Windows driver to generate needed binary to send to printer: use "Print to file" finctionality). Generic solution will require more memory to store proper printer command files and some code to select appropriate based on detected make/model.
Posted on 2010-01-26 03:22:28 by baldr