I use the attached program(source as well) in my tray.

It lets you change the color of the box, but I can't make the change to yellow permanent.

I could not find any registry entries for the program nor does the program make changes to itself.

Someone has to change somewhere.

Where is it happening?

Thanks.
Attachments:
Posted on 2010-05-07 06:40:24 by skywalker
I don't see any VB code to save the selection.  Anyway, the are not colors but icons.. if you look at the source.  Just convert to asm and add some code to save the selection.
Posted on 2010-05-07 16:02:17 by Gunner

I don't see any VB code to save the selection.  Anyway, the are not colors but icons.. if you look at the source.  Just convert to asm and add some code to save the selection.

I opened it with Resource Hacker and it only shows a single yellow icon.
Strange since it offers a choice of six colors.

More investigating to do. :-)

Posted on 2010-05-07 17:48:17 by skywalker
The icons are embedded on the vb form.  You can download VB express from MS to help you out.
Posted on 2010-05-07 19:04:22 by Gunner

The icons are embedded on the vb form.  You can download VB express from MS to help you out.

Just installed VB express 2010.

It's a "Leviathon".

It won't open up the project file for the minidate program.
Source is 9 yrs. old, guess some things have changed. :-(

I found another program that is just as good.

Posted on 2010-05-07 22:08:51 by skywalker
VB express == .NET afaik, which is a quite different beast from old VB6.
Posted on 2010-05-08 04:18:28 by f0dder
I used VB Express 2008 and it had to convert the VB 6 project.  Don't see why 2010 won't convert the project.

What is the other program that is just as good?  I have VB4 and 5 on cd somewhere, just don't want to install em since I don't program in VB anymore.  Keep the express installed to view my old projects and any source I have. 
Posted on 2010-05-08 08:35:50 by Gunner
I wonder if there's a icon to bitmap back to icon assembly procedure out there somewhere. if not- that might be a neat project for you sky :)

Not having examined the 4 lines of code that well but I assume he loads it into a bitmap, writes the day on it and converts it back and sets it as trayicon, nothing too fancy.

Personally I like my taskbar to be 2 widths high and it displays the date along with the time.
Posted on 2010-05-08 08:50:32 by JimmyClif