Hello my name is Michael I started making websites at the age of 12 was able to make professional quality websites at the age of 13. I am currently 14. I have made games and simple Java and JavaScript games and task. I am now working on my own OS and i have searched everywhere and cant find one thing on how to put images in it or any GUI. Can someone help me by giving me a place were i can find a basic GUI that i can modify or even just the code to import images into my OS. you can reply or email me my email is pivotman95@gmail.com. Thank you in advanced.
Posted on 2010-07-15 00:54:55 by miker95
It sound somewhat incredible that you manage to work on an OS and can't find any readily available image libraries.
As for your question, it depends on many things and you didn't tell us anything about this OS. There are plenty of linux GUIs you could use, for example.
Posted on 2010-07-15 18:40:18 by ti_mo_n
Designing websites and designing operating systems are so far apart that at your tender age you wouldn't have the experience behind you to even being attempting your own os.  This is not meant to discourage you, as we all started somewhere, but you need to put in a few years of hard core coding BEFORE even thinking about creating your own os. My own personal suggestion is to start by understanding existing systems and learn from them. Learn assembly inside and out to understand what exactly a machine can do. I am not recommending a specific machine as you may freely choose from what is currently available on the market today. A wise man once said "learn to walk before you can run".
Posted on 2010-07-15 19:17:17 by c051n3