If I define a nonconforming code segment with a privilege not equal to zero, it can be 2 or 1 for example as an interrupt or exception handler. For what privileges this handler can run?

nonconforming code segment with a privilege equal to zero has been explained in the manual, Core 2 Duo!!(First please write about it if you know it)

Posted on 2010-09-07 01:48:57 by logicman112
The rest is explained in the manual as well, under exception handling.
Posted on 2010-09-07 09:17:27 by SpooK
Scratches something
Posted on 2010-09-07 09:27:41 by Homer

If I define a nonconforming code segment with a privilege not equal to zero, it can be 2 or 1 for example as an interrupt or exception handler. For what privileges this handler can run?

Under what operating system?  Privilege level zero is used by the OS but from there it varies as each OS defines what executes at a certain privilege level.
Posted on 2010-09-07 14:35:24 by p1ranha
Under what operating system?  Privilege level zero is used by the OS but from there it varies as each OS defines what executes at a certain privilege level.

Thank you for the replies.
My question is not about a specific OS and does not depend on OS and it is about the function of the microprocessor.

Posted on 2010-09-07 21:51:29 by logicman112

Thank you for the replies.
My question is not about a specific OS and does not depend on OS and it is about the function of the microprocessor.

Actually, your question did NOT mention whether dependence on an operating system was a factor, thus my response  ;)
Posted on 2010-09-08 13:00:36 by p1ranha