Hi. I'm new, here. I need help with expanding a Maximum thing of 8 to 16. I don't know how to change the Maximum value.

Is there a code in ASM that marks a Maximum value? Thanks.
Posted on 2010-10-26 09:39:40 by ASMLearner
Define "expanding".
Define "thing".
Posted on 2010-10-26 15:01:51 by f0dder
Right. Sorry about the vagueness.

Um, what I'm trying to do is increase a value by 8. But, I only have half of what I really want.

The program DOES display the value as 16, but, only accepts 8 connections at a time. I want it to be 16. Is there a surefire way to make it so it accepts 16, and NOT just 8? Thanks for replying, by the way.
Posted on 2010-10-26 15:04:30 by ASMLearner
You're still pretty vague on details - what exactly are you trying to do?

I have to put on my guessing hat - I've added (italic) guesses to the bold terms you're using. The guess is that you're trying to reverse engineer an (existing) program and making it accept 16 (socket) connections by increasing an (integer) value somewhere?

If that's the case, there's two problems:
  • There's not much that can be said for such an über-generally formulated problem.

• We generally don't do reverse-engineering stuff here.
Posted on 2010-10-26 16:05:40 by f0dder
Hm. It's a program I got from a friend, who won't give me the source code. It's not reverse-engineering, as the program is not released, yet. But, I just want to try to get the amount of connections to 16, instead of simply 8. I figure it's a better number.
Posted on 2010-10-26 16:10:30 by ASMLearner
RE is RE, no matter what the source of the program is. If "your friend" doesn't want to increase the connection limit, that's his choice.

You might not have bad intentions, but we're pretty wary of RE related stuff, and given how sketchy you've been on details,
  • It's not possible to give any advise because the question is so broad and generic.

• The lack of details seems slightly fishy.
Posted on 2010-10-26 17:16:48 by f0dder