i am new in assembly language, which program can be used to write assembly code, i searched the net and  found that we can use notepad to write the code and save the file as filename.asm in bin folder and use cmd to run it........... but from where can i get the bin folder or tasm folder, how to use cmd to run it........................ i couldn't get that part. so plz help me on how to run assembly code in details (or guide me to links to help me)...... thank you inadvance.

Posted on 2010-11-02 07:26:39 by kinda
kinda,

Assembly language programming in most cases require assembly language compiler (to write simple programs you can use debug.exe, for an example of different case). There are many assemblers around, choose your poison.

Source files can be produced by various means, notepad.exe is one of them (any plain-text editor will do, even copy con: filename.asm).

If you're fluent with file type associations, you may run .asm source directly (well, it has to be compiled, then probably linked, then resulting executable run).

Those abundant dots, do they mean something? As a Morse code, they don't decode.
Posted on 2010-11-02 16:19:32 by baldr
Those abundant dots, do they mean something? As a Morse code, they don't decode.

Probably attempting to start the next sentence with an upper case letter but pressing on the wrong key. :D :D :D
Posted on 2010-11-03 20:01:31 by Raymond