Hello!
Hello im new in 3d Scenerie (coding in MASM), so i'm looking for a simple 3D Scene-Editor
where i can Export the scene at its best for tiny small outputformat to use in OPENGL (VBO,Vertex arrays
or Displaylists.)
If there are any good progs that would be great.
Thanx in advance.
hmi222
Posted on 2010-12-12 13:24:35 by hmi222
Well, I cannot offer you a complete solution, but perhaps you may find it useful to look at my BHM file format project. See also this thread: http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=29830.0
It's a small and compact file format which I developed mainly for storing geometry and animation. The project on SourceForge contains a sample animation in BHM, a small OpenGL application which renders the animation, and the sourcecode for an exporter plugin for 3dsmax6.
It should not be that difficult to write a basic exporter for other modelers, or to write a converter for other file formats. Speaking of which, it would probably be useful to have a converter from Collada to BHM.
Posted on 2010-12-14 02:29:47 by Scali
Hi Scali!
Thank yu very much. i'll have a closer look on it.
It should be small enough to use in 64k intros.
so ill have to export to small data and be able to read from memory, not from file.
cheers and thank yu very much.
hmi222
Posted on 2010-12-16 01:57:59 by hmi222
Ah, well, modeling for size is a completely different ballgame. But you already found Qoob, so you probably understand the difference... Intros generate the geometry on-the-fly. So they require a special kind of modeler, which stores a list of commands, rather than the actual generated geometry.
Posted on 2010-12-16 02:26:47 by Scali