Hi

I recently discovered the tao of programming, 10 commandments of c programmer (annotated and not), unix haters handbooks and other funny yet very stimulating stuff about  it & programming.

I was wondering, as this plays existed since the olden days, there must be some rather amusing information here, coming from seasoned asm types, perhaps some personal notes? or links?

I am looking for some joke material concerning asm development, funny life stories, fake
joke manuals, that kind of stuff, you know, to dump on my uni network to further enlighten my fellow unhappy students, perhaps bring a smile back to their lives.

if you feel like helping me out - great.

if you are busy and don't have time, well i can understand that.

Turnip

Posted on 2011-01-18 14:08:45 by Turnip
The funniest things this board has seen afaik were the great wars between hutch and <others> but I don't think it would be a great read if bored during school hours. :(

I saw a few programming languages comparisons over the years but besides the "in assembly you can re-invent the wheel over and over and over again"  nothing stuck out too much.
Posted on 2011-01-18 14:52:30 by JimmyClif
The story of Mel.
Best story ever :)
Posted on 2011-01-18 16:51:52 by Scali
Thank! Indeed a great rose-tinted vision of the past surrounds you while you read the story of Mel.

The wiki state that this actually is a true story, and programmer Mel Kayne did work in the Royal Mcbee in the 50's.

Its kinda strange in a way, that programmers have their own folklore. I mean i doubt accountants got one, or builders, though their profession is much much older.

Thanks again, and keep the ball rolling!

Posted on 2011-01-19 15:33:42 by Turnip