This engine has advanced a long way in a couple of years, mainly due to its many plugin third party components being developed alongside.

I have a lot to say about Ogre, most of it is good.
This is a true, free, cross platform rendering component, its just missing the other stuff like networking (raknet) and audio (openal) , support!
Posted on 2012-10-19 02:00:24 by Homer
It's open source so contribute!  :D
Posted on 2012-10-19 11:06:37 by p1ranha
No, Ogre has a closed development team, although they take submissions.
Anyway, I would never become a member of any club that would have someone like ME as a member :P
Posted on 2012-10-27 00:46:44 by Homer
Well played, Groucho  :lol:
Posted on 2012-10-27 07:56:36 by p1ranha
Personally, I find their material system tedious, compared to my solution, but there is so much good to say that the odd thorn can be overlooked, as long as the output is ok by any measure.
Posted on 2012-10-29 04:14:40 by Homer
To be able to take shader sourcecode in CG, HLSL and GLSL, preprocess it into a native form, and run it, reminds me a lot of my defunct XASM project, and reminds me why I am here. Further, to take a material descriptor and a mesh descriptor and make a shader from it, reminds me of my most recent engine. I was on the right track, but it's very disheartening to go it alone when there is a free, working and proven solution, even it it runs like a wet dog.
Posted on 2012-11-06 05:43:03 by Homer