RadASM's,

I was able to get RadASM up and running. But i have one problem!!!. When i open a project and try compiling, the following error is reported - "Error during process creation. E:\....\ML.exe /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"E:\98DDK\Include" sample.asm. "

Now can u please let me know as to what is wrong? I am running win2k and masm assembler is located in E:\98DDK\bin. In Paths setupn dialog box, i have given APP = E:\98DDK. And this is not masm32 assembler but the masm assembler provided by the MS.

Thanks in advance
Posted on 2002-01-25 07:19:21 by rajmohan
Hi rajmohan

The error you get indicate that ml.exe is not found. Check that it exist in the given path and that there is nothing wrong with the exe. There is also a switch in RadASM that displays the command string you are trying to execute in the Output window.

Use Project Options and change:

3,O,$B\ML.EXE .........

to:

3,OT,$B\ML.EXE .........

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-25 09:16:01 by KetilO
Thanks a lot, Ketilo.

I have a query regarding menu configuration as u replied. In project options, i set those settings. Now, when i installed Win 98 DDK for masm, i have binaries in 2 directories - \98DDK\bin\Win98\ and \98DDK\bin directories. How can i specify these 2 directories in RadASM?
Posted on 2002-01-28 03:01:59 by rajmohan
Hi rajmohan

It is not possible to specify two bin directories in the same project, but I guess that this is not what you want.

Use project options to chsnge:

3,O,$B\ML.EXE .........

to:

3,O,C:\98DDK\bin\Win98\ML.EXE .........

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-28 03:50:36 by KetilO
Thanks for the help, Ketilo. I have one more problem. I tried to assemble a sample project that comes with RadASM - asciiTab.

I opened the project and chose assemble. The error i get is

E:\98DDK\bin\Win98\L.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /IC:\RadASM\project\asciiTab\Include asciiTab.asm
Assembling: asciiTab.asm
asciitab.inc(4) : fatal error A1000: cannot open file : radasm.inc

Make error(s) occured.

What have i goofed up?

Rajmohan
Posted on 2002-01-28 07:28:20 by rajmohan
Hi rajmohan

In asiiTab.inc you find:

include radasm.inc

You must copy rasasm.inc to your include folder or change the line to:

include C:\RadASM\Inc\radasm.inc

Also the include path seems a little strange.

/IC:\RadASM\project\asciiTab\Include

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-28 07:45:42 by KetilO