Hi,

I've been working with NASM for a while and decided to move over to use MASM and DX.

First I couldn't get QEditor to compile anything at all, so I moved the "Lights" sample (from ScronSoft's site) to the masm dir. Now it started to do something. But, I got an error about an ".def" file. So I started messing with the include and objects files, and found out I had to download the DX8.0 ones (they have .def files, the dx8.1 doesn't)

But now, I'm faced with a problem that is less descriptive:
and as a MASM newbie, I wouldn't know what I'm missing now.. since I assume the samples work =-)

Microsoft (R) Windows Resource To Object Converter Version 5.00.1736.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1992-1997. All rights reserved.

Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler Version 6.14.8444
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-1997. All rights reserved.

Assembling: F:\masm32\DX\Lights\lights.asm
F:\masm32\DX\Lights\lights.asm(412) : error A2006: undefined symbol : _type
_
Assembly Error
Press any key to continue . . .

Regards,
Almar
Posted on 2002-01-25 14:48:44 by ajoling
Almar,

Just make sure that you are using the current version of MASM32 (version 7) and that it fully installs with no problems. Once this is done, test the installation by building some of the example code to make sure everything is working properly.

NOTE that as installed, "qeditor" will not handle long path and file names in the build process, I may modify this in a later distribution but at the moment is is a limitation.

Check the instructions in how Scronty builds the DX file as it will need some extra files that do not come in MASM32.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-01-25 15:37:10 by hutch--
Afternoon, ajoling.

Easy one to fix....

Two options:
1) change "_Type" in the proggy to "dwType".
...or...
2) change "dwType" in the "_D3DLIGHT8 struct" in the d3d8types.inc file to "_Type".

I'd changed the inc file quite a while back, and haven't uploaded the correctd one, yet ;).

All of the proggys so far can be reassembled just by using "Build All" from QEditor.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-01-25 18:31:48 by Scronty
It works perfectly,

Thanks!
Posted on 2002-01-26 06:37:59 by ajoling