invoke SendMessageA, hWndEdit01, WM_GETTEXTLENGTH, 0, 0
mov Length,eax
inc Length
invoke SendMessageA, hWndEdit01, WM_GETTEXT, Length, offset Buffer01

To get text from an edit box you would usually call SendMessageA, WM_GETTEXTLENGTH and WM_GETTEXT.

I don't want to do it this way anymore.

How would you get text from an edit box ASM style.

Just in case you are wondering why i been looking to do away with most API calls, just when I start learning how to uses them. It's because I don't trust all of the New Changes that may take place "WHEN EVER" in the near future...

Big deals are going on with Intel, M$, and others...And I be dame if i let them leave ME out in the cold.....

I rather learn how to uses ALL processors instructions "SERIOUSLY" than to wait for M$ to shut down ALL or whatever for .NET, change operating systems every 6 month, and other stuff....I am not going through that jive again....

Anyway the Windows Blows, I rather do battle with the Processors, and not WINDOWS anymore.

I am lucky, because my project don't require much API, just standard Create or whatever...I got rid of some API by now learning to use M32lib. It's the Boss...

It's very wonderful that technology is rapidly advancing. This is just my way of preparing for any changes, right or wrong, this is the path I am taking....

Please Don't tell Bill...he might throw in another monkeywrench for ME and won't even let my non .NET program EXIT.(:)

Don't get me wrong, Bill is the Greatest, he gave us all something to do, other than make love ALL DAY... But they just can't keep screwing everybody up just to stay #1....trying take every aspect of the industry away from people who were there FIRST or people they taught HOW-TO...My moto is do One Thing and Do it Good...Save the rest for Other that you may have been teaching...And put your Boy's in check before they run everybody away...

I don't want to put fear in no one's heart. I don't really think that even Intel could screw up ASM but I think it's a good idea to expect some kind of SNOW JOB...Just have your Shovel READY.... It can't be that hard for Us.

Just in case they plan to give ASM programs a hard time...I Bet Soon some style of ASM is going to kick .NET BUTT.

From what I been hearing .NET might not even like their very own C++...Sure I plan to learn .NET someday, but only to fight for TOTAL Programming Independents...UNLESS IT PROVE TO BE THE FASTEST AND THE BADEST FOR ALL PROGRAMMER...
(I DOUTH IT)

I don't know just yetttttt...

Did not mean to get off the subject... I read a lot of Posts and be thinking way off my present venture...My mind be racing

Please help with question 4 FEET above

Thanks
Posted on 2002-01-25 15:57:42 by cmax