flat assembler 1.30 was finally released, but there are some problems with http://fasm.metro-nt.pl (my main website), so I've updated two additional mirrors:
http://privalov.host.sk/ and
old good http://omega.im.uj.edu.pl/~grysztar

You are free to join our flat_assembler mailing group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flat_assembler/ - fasm 1.30 is available to download from there also.
Posted on 2002-01-27 07:16:32 by Tomasz Grysztar
No Link from any of your Pages to either NASM or SpAsm.

As, with passed time, this can now only be a deliberate
choice, i remove any link to yours from SpAsm Page and
remove the offer from the Assembly Tutorials Collection
Page.

Bye, good luck to you. Betov.
Posted on 2002-01-27 13:52:00 by Betov
Ah betov, Privalov doesn't link to any other assemblers on his pages so its not as if he chose to ignore SpAsm but acknowledged the rest.

Even if Privalov has made a conscicious decision not to advertise alternative Assemblers on his site ( I doubt he has, rather I'm sure he's a busy man and simply forgot ) then its still no reason for you to remove a link to his from your site, thats a bit spiteful isn't.
Posted on 2002-01-27 17:18:54 by Eóin
I agree with E?in.Please guys we need you all.No need to fight :)
Hehe what a crappy english is this
Posted on 2002-01-27 18:50:09 by LaptoniC
Privalov, nice work! It's great that you've started documenting the assemblers code. This should make it easier for others to assist or customize the assembler.
Posted on 2002-01-27 19:30:13 by bitRAKE
Good Privalov. As always, giving up your time in benefict for others. Congrats!!!
Posted on 2002-01-27 19:52:57 by CodeLover
Very well done Privalov, i am impressed...

The only thing i need is extra compatibility with TASM :)

Why not make some aliases for:
times --> dup
PROC STDCALL etc

and more support for raw binary file output will be very nice also

For my OS i guess i will have to use your assembler sometimes soon (to get independent of TASM and compile my OS under my OS)... so i guess i will have to help you anyway :)

(the other option is TMA but it looks less advanced)

How do you feel about me makeing a little more TASM/MASM compatible version out of it? (it can ease transition for us hardcore MASM/TASM users out here)
Posted on 2002-01-28 16:27:57 by BogdanOntanu
It would be nice! :alright:

When I finish my fasmGuide, you'll have enough materials to easily expand/modify flat assembler.

But what do you mean saying "more support for raw binary file output"?
Posted on 2002-01-28 17:12:19 by Tomasz Grysztar
Not sure about binary files output, i only saw .com and .sys as an option but i need segments in them also, and segments sometimes located at absolute address, even if i will only generate a single bin output file . I am not sure yet if FASM is able to do this...my mistake here

But i need badly the PROC directive with the ARG,LOCALS and USES subdirectives atip from you like where should i start exploring in your source code for it will be appreciated...

STDCALL is very nice but for huge work like HE or an OS i have to be able to define PROCs and arguments the easy way also ;). Also .IF .ELSEIF .ELSE and .ENDIF is a must...i do not plan on defineing huge ammounts of labels :) (i can figure new nice names for them after a while)

Anyway i am prepared to do them myself once i understand the internals of FASM parsing, etc and if you agree to let them by as an option in FASM
Posted on 2002-01-29 18:50:46 by BogdanOntanu
also a nice directive for bin output will be DISPPLACEMENT <number>
to allow me to have a ORG at 7C00h and still offset at zero in the output bin file (or other offset like +200h) this can be handy at OS/embeded (ROM) writeing
Posted on 2002-01-30 14:08:00 by BogdanOntanu
this is exactly how "org" directive in flat assembler works.
Posted on 2002-01-30 14:56:37 by Tomasz Grysztar
if ORG works like that (i guess NASM style?) can i still use it to jump in code like in:

ORG 510 db 55h,0AAh

at the end of boot sector?

this and PROC automatic stack frame creation and parameter/arguments handling is all i need for my OS :)
Posted on 2002-01-30 16:36:25 by BogdanOntanu
My fisrt time looking into it...I put 3 of your win32 on a ollgy debugger. The results for each when executed::: the debugger showed an NON-STOPPING continuous LOOPING, other than that the programs was running well.

The Forth Win32 sample (I think Dialog)....It EXECUTED showing ONLY 3 instrutions JUMP and it EXECTUTED and that seem to be the BIGGEST one of them all...AMAZING

My question is I don't see an .data? section in it....or have i overlooked something....

I like fasm and will someday use it for a few things because it get down to the PE format, and that's what i want to know about.....
Posted on 2002-01-30 17:31:06 by cmax
Havent look at the source yet, but I wonder if there is a possibility of adding things like:

eax++
eax += 4
eax += edx
eax *= edx
[eax] = 4
eax = "Constant String"

The last one would create a string on data and put the address of it in eax.

This could be implemented in the preprocessor (so that it changes eax++ to inc eax, etc.

And since this syntax idea is not popular with every assembly programmer there could be an on/off keyword switch for it. (much as tasm ideal mode on/off switch).
Posted on 2002-01-30 18:20:18 by dxantos