Hi Qweerdy

Sorry about my choice of words. I did not mean to say you are stupid. It just shows that a RadASM help file is really needed.
I did not quiet finish this function. It was initially ment to also find variables, locals, structs and macros.
The ':' in szMyStr: is what tricks RadASM to think it is a label.
The great thing about this function is that it is stacked to 32 levels, so by pressing Ctrl+F2 you will eventually return to where you started. I use this all the time as it saves me from setting bookmarks just to return when I am done.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-29 08:21:54 by KetilO
I think that radasm should generate the handling proc itself and let the user focus on the code inside. That's how the other RADs facilitate life :-/
Posted on 2002-01-29 10:58:40 by Hiroshimator
This will be a good ideea for me ...

Some humble suggestions on the TASM part for RADASM:

TASM can have PROC My_Procedure in IDEAL mode
also PROC syntax can be like this:

My_Procedure PROC
ARG: xx1:DWORD,xx2:DWORD, bigvar:16:DWORD
LOCAL tmp_dx,tmp_dy:DWORD
USES eax,ebx,ecx
..... code here ...
ENDP

RADASM dosent catch this arguments and local variables :(

also its nice to have .data, .code, .const analysys BUT its also possible for somemone (like me) to define segments as:

code32 SEGMENT USE32 'code' PRIVATE
ENDS

when programmin a new OS for example :) i will like those segments as sections also ....

- i will like to be able to define my own categorys for projects and to view files either by category or by locations..
-loading huge listing files like the 8Mega one for HE makes the MIDI window very slow to refresh/repaint... PFE loads/searches it just fine...

Anyway ... Very good work Ketilio ... you almost made me leave PFE and i sure feel i will do this soon...

Only if this whould have been done in asm...then i could have ported it to my new OS ;)
Posted on 2002-01-29 17:32:27 by BogdanOntanu
I think you have taken RadASM to heights that others have tried and failed. Every little feature you add makes it stronger and more user friendly.

I personally like the idea of you auto-generating the WndProc commands, and managing the ID's. These things are of so little consequence in the "power" gained from asm coding. I consider these things bothersome and not worthy of even optimizing.

And when you take the hassles out of the ASM coding, you can spend more time writing/optimizing the parts that really matter.

but thats just how I like to code. Others surely have their own likes/dislikes
Posted on 2002-01-29 18:33:38 by Rockinronstar
Hi BogdanOntanu

The problem to make intellisense in an asm IDE is that there is so many ways to write the same pice of code. Trying to do this in an IDE that supports many assemblers does not make things easier. Please have in mind that RadASM is written in asm, so things that are a pice of cake in a HLL can be havoc in asm. Give me time and I will do my best to improve existing functions instead of always creating new ones. I am still learning asm and are getting better every day. :grin:

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-29 18:38:16 by KetilO
Ketilo, when did you start learning PC ASM and applying it to Windows programming?
Posted on 2002-01-29 18:40:15 by Rockinronstar
Hi Rockinronstar

I could not agree more. :alright:

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-29 18:41:39 by KetilO
The fact that RADASM is written in Win32ASM is new to me...
damn you have done a very very good thing here :)

blush: i want the sources :) hehe :)

i will have infinite patience ...until i die ...

:stupid:
Posted on 2002-01-29 19:45:08 by BogdanOntanu
KetiLo:

Have you ever considered releasing the sources? I'm sure many people out there including myself would love to help with the project and make it better.
Posted on 2002-01-30 00:43:37 by Asm_Freak
Hi Asm_Freak

A large part of RadASM source has been released. The rest will be released soon. The project has grown too big for only one person. Some help is really needed.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-30 03:18:08 by KetilO
KetilO
Can you make it like when a user presses a hotkey its taken to an include. For example if I am on a line that says:

include myInclude.inc

And I press CTRL-I (or whatever hotkey for it), the editor could open myInclude.inc
Posted on 2002-01-30 06:29:10 by dxantos
Hi dxantos

Should not be a big problem.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-30 08:40:51 by KetilO
KetilO,
great work! :alright:

Haven't tried the latest Version yet (I'll do when I'm at home).
One question/suggestion: Is it possible to compile WITHOUT creating a project?
For example, I associate RadASM with "*.asm" extension. Then I doubleclick in explorer on a asm file and RadASM fires up with the file opened. But Compile / Build commands are disabled. Setting up a "Standard Compile Properties" would be nice... RadASM should use this settings, when no Project is opened.

TIA,
bAZiK
Posted on 2002-01-30 08:47:06 by bazik
Hi bAZiK

Yes, this is one of the new features, and it works just the way you suggest.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-30 08:52:06 by KetilO
Couldn't wait and tried last version here at work :)

And it can compile without creating a project :stupid:
Posted on 2002-01-30 08:53:45 by bazik
I thought about it some more and this is my suggestion :-/
mind you it's not very asm friendly in a sense that people will definately need radasm to assemble it. ;)

use xml for your messages, then you can have
<message name="" lParam="" wParam="">
code
</message>

easily parsible and very flexible on the parameter side. that way people just need to focus on what's inside their handler since the pieces will be used later to put in a messageloop (by radasm)

This will also allow you to easily retrieve certain commandhandlers when needed (they have any property you like, so they're easily searchable)

:eek: another mad idea

I was going to look into the xmlparser anyway so if I come up with something working I'll let you know :)
the nice part is that it can give you just the 'innertext' (which would be the code)
Posted on 2002-01-30 09:05:13 by Hiroshimator
Hi Hiroshimator

My knowledge on xml is limited. Any help / ideas welcome.

KetilO
Posted on 2002-01-30 09:30:15 by KetilO
Hiroshimator,

Excellent idea. If you don't mind, I'd like to try this in VASM. I allrady have all internal and project data in xml format.
:alright:
Posted on 2002-01-30 10:31:14 by rainbird
well this will be my first real try at using COM in asm :-/
I hope it will run smoothly

I know we need IDOMDocument and IDOMNode for sure, maybe even more

I'm learning more of it anyway, since I'll have to use it shortly with XSL, and defining a DTD for it might be useful as well.

:eek: Acronym stampede :eek:

We'll get there :)

-H-

:stupid:
Posted on 2002-01-30 13:09:43 by Hiroshimator
this is a little example (scripting) :-/

it doesn't show much but I don't know much about MS parsing engine yet (haven't had the time to look at it) :)
Posted on 2002-01-30 13:11:35 by Hiroshimator