hi forum,

i found here some questions and answers. It is too good forum!

i had a keyboard problem and post here to resolve it now.

my computer runs windows 9x, and when i click "menu key" (it is addition with windows key) the popup menu will display. i found that scancode of this key are: E0 and 5D (hexa). if i write a program filter keyboard input and modify this scancode to another code but it till popup context menu. so i don't know exactly about how it generates some events to make system popups context menu.

do you know it? and could i change this key stroke to my event or another event?

thank you very much!
Posted on 2002-01-29 00:45:00 by newbie
You need to install a keyboard hook. Look at WH_KEYBOARD and SetWindowsHookEx but be sure you know what your doing first as hooks can screw you system.
Posted on 2002-01-29 10:37:03 by rdaneel
hi rdaneel,

thank you for your help, but i don't think your solution is good. because i write a vxd to modify key stroke before it had send to system event. any key like ctrl, alt, shift or f1..f12 works very good, but windows key and menu key not works. my vxd interception is too deeper than your WH_KEYBOARD. i think that it is another way to popup context menu when presses menu key!

thank you any way!

any ideas?
Posted on 2002-01-29 19:49:42 by newbie
Hi NewBie,

I think your ideas is good. But I am a beginner, can't help you anything, but I think that anyone can help you! Waiting for some time.

Your ideas can help me to develop some function in my system when I want to exec some tasks by press any key that is intercepted by your ideas. Could you please send your source code to me? Thank you very much!
Posted on 2002-01-29 20:20:34 by internetrice
netrice, a normal ring3 hook, or even just a RegisterHotkey should
be able to do what you need, and has the advantage of working
on both 9x and NT... avoid ring0 code when you can.
Posted on 2002-01-29 20:22:39 by f0dder
Hi f0dder,

I know about RegisterHotkey, but I like system programming. I want to know how it works? Thank you!
Posted on 2002-01-29 20:37:19 by internetrice
System programming is fine. Doing a VXD keyboard hook to learn
how to do a VXD keyboard hook is a fine thing. But I wouldn't use
it for a final product if I could help it - that's what I mean... not that
you should stay away from VXD coding :).
Posted on 2002-01-29 20:44:38 by f0dder
Hi Newbie,

Thanks for your support!

But your problem has not resolved here.

Anyone could make it or explain how to make his need now?

Thank your very much!
Posted on 2002-01-31 04:49:51 by internetrice