I'm sorry if this is a silly question but I've checked the doc and looked at the Win32 examples and there doesn't seem to be any mention of using librarys in FASM.

I don't mean dlls but rather I'd like to be able to access some functions in precomplied ibrarys I already have. For example the Masm32.lib

Perhaps this isn't implemented at all, does anyone know? :confused:
Posted on 2002-01-30 18:52:54 by Eóin
This isn't currently possible as it is a feature of LINK.EXE
Posted on 2002-01-30 18:59:53 by bitRAKE
NOTE: This is a old post! FASM supports now the COFF format as output. You can link this object file with MASM's link.exe to a .lib
Posted on 2002-07-18 05:41:29 by bazik
Pardon the ignorance, but what do the MS COFF file format (and how much) have in common with the old 16 bit .OBJ format used in the old days of MSDOS (with MASM), and the newer .OBJ files with the 32 bit extensions? Is COFF the same format of the latter? Because years ago I coded such a .OBJ translator (to some format of mine) and one thing I recall very well is how much those .OBJ files were messy. :D
If MS COFF a different format, anyway?
Posted on 2002-07-18 15:14:29 by Maverick
Yes, it's different. The old .obj format was OMF, Borland's products are still using the 32-bit version of OMF, while COFF is a completely new object format, and is native 32-bit.
Posted on 2002-07-18 15:22:46 by Tomasz Grysztar