hi every one
i am an undergraduate student and i need help with my assembly language project.
i couldnt think of any unique idea .we have been told to develop softwares using assembly language under windows.
so if u plz help
Posted on 2002-01-31 17:44:25 by spearsharp
A text editor. Wait scratch that, a really good text editor. I havent found any free ones that are good. I suggest looking at Programmers File Editor and textpad for ideas.
Posted on 2002-01-31 18:21:02 by ChimpFace9000
something winsock related would be benificial to all assembly language programmers. there are few complete winsock applications written assembly such as ftp server/client, news reader, email client etc. maybe a good firewall would be nice too. these ideas are not unique really but i challange your professor to find any really good open source programs such as the ones i mensioned above.
Posted on 2002-02-01 06:09:16 by smurf
i wrote a complete winsock app in win32asm :P
Posted on 2002-02-01 15:17:25 by sortof
I dunno, EDIT and a few key batch files can get things going pretty easily. (just remember CUT is SHIFT DEL, and PASTE is SHIFT INS).

As well there is an ok editor in the MASM32 package that Hutch provides free.

NaN
Posted on 2002-02-01 16:03:19 by NaN
Er...spearsharp, how much time do you have for working on the project?
Posted on 2002-02-01 16:09:39 by tank
NaN: Ive gotten so used to using MDI's that when i try to use one that isnt, i get frustrated.
Posted on 2002-02-01 16:55:02 by ChimpFace9000
If you do not have much time a little utility can be created in a fast way. I do not know, maybe you can create something that, for example, changes the icon of the recycle bin, changes properties of files, or erases the clipboard. I do not think an utility like that will keep so much hours programming.

If you have time you can create a VxD, a DLL, or an operating system.

Or if you have only time for tomorrow or you are too lazy, download some little program and tell your teacher you've done it. :grin:
Posted on 2002-02-01 18:49:23 by CodeLover
ahhhhh Unique IDEAS's...

(( NaN did it again ))

Somehow i got it in my head your looking for a good editor to use and solve your probs. I was wondering why everyone else is off topic, but nope, im the nimrod! :grin:

As for sugestions, i wish i could offer some, but everything that comes to mind are would be engineering tools. Like an easy to use vector calculator (n spaced). You cant go wrong with a math type tool. There is so much crazy math out there that is usually too much work to do by hand! To make a tool to speed up a specific area would probably fill the void (and show you had to do some thinking to make it ~ for grade purposes )

Anywho good luck!
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2002-02-02 00:36:05 by NaN
A calculator. Involves (simple) UI, string parsing, expression evaluator.
And it's still simple enough that you can do it within a reasonable
timeframe.
Posted on 2002-02-03 16:53:21 by f0dder
nan : check in www.halomda.co.il for xpress very nice calculator
but they built it at delphi and its kinnda slow

spearsha : maybe you can code something like that in asm
that will be fast and small :grin:

bye

eko
Posted on 2002-02-04 08:04:56 by eko