Hi all,
I want to know how to check online in a very fast way repeatedly
with no error.
Posted on 2002-02-06 10:58:16 by amr
There is a source at Iczelion's website called "Welcome 2 Net"... doing that...
Posted on 2002-02-06 11:12:24 by JCP
I know that program and I have made another one like it but what I want is a program that register a class so it can check it always and when it is online is sends a user defined message that tells the prgram that the computer is online and when it goes offline it sends another message that tells the computer that it went offline and so on....
I think it's clear now can any one do this but not be repeating the code for infinity I have tried it. It didn't work very go it caused errors.
Thanks readiosys
Thanks every body
amr
Posted on 2002-02-08 09:29:31 by amr
You can use RegisterWindowMessage to reg your custom message and then use BroadcastSystemMessage to send it to all top level windows. Is this what you want to do.
Posted on 2002-02-08 10:17:12 by rdaneel
Why not do the online checking periodically in your own program?
You could set up a thread that does this, and sends the messages
you want...
trick is to run the online stuff in a loop, send message depending
on detected online state (will only work for dialup... :/ ), Sleep()
some reasonable amount of time, and repeat the loop.
Posted on 2002-02-08 12:31:58 by f0dder
Hey guys. I have been away for a while and It's been a while since i've had a chance to code. With help, I have recently found a way to detect effeciently, your online status reguardless of connection type. Keep an eye out for the new source. I'll drop it in this thread as soon as all the bugs are gone.:alright:

See ya around.
Nok
Posted on 2002-02-09 10:37:32 by Nokturnal
Thanks all,
I have made a program that uses the idea that f0dder said but actully it crashes after a while. I don't know why I looked up the code again so to check errors. there weren't any.
The program is at this thread:
The thread:
try it and see if there is any errors that make it crashes and tell me about it.

Amr
Posted on 2002-02-12 02:45:30 by amr