Hi everybody,
i need your help.

Is there any win32 API command that quits my application immediately. I mean it quits it's own application from which it is called.

Sorry for that stupid question, i am an beginner.
Posted on 2002-02-10 14:56:32 by RAGuru
In MASM notation,

invoke SendMessage,hWin,WM_SYSCOMMAND,SC_CLOSE,NULL

should close down an app for you.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-02-10 15:16:42 by hutch--
hm, i think that this is not what the RAGuru wanted
i think he wanted to invoke API and after that to quit the program (if possible), not to send message for quiting program
somthing like this
invoke QuitProgram, parm1...
Posted on 2002-02-10 16:30:09 by Mikky
What is the difference betwen this call and Exitprocess(0) ?
Posted on 2002-02-10 16:34:04 by RAGuru
using ExitProcess() is not a good way to close down a running app unless you have a tidy way to deallocate any memory and do any other cleanups first.

The method I posted is how the system closes down an application and its advantage is that it goes through the normal shutdown process which allows the app to clean up its own mess first.

You may be better advised to find a forum for Delphi when looking for help with a Delphi program that has memory leaks and other problems as this forum is an assembler one that has different assumptions that may not be relevant for the program you are debugging.

Good luck with it.

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2002-02-10 17:12:43 by hutch--
Isn't all the memory freed up after program termination and returned to operating system??

or every allocated memory in program first is needed to deallocate and then quit (if not deallocated what will happen after ExitProcess)
Posted on 2002-02-11 16:20:59 by Mikky